.NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.1 - There was a failure initializing profiling API attach infrastructure. This process will not allow a profiler to attach. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-07-2012, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I think I may have a codec problem on the Home Theater PC.

We can start playing a show, stop somewhere in the show, watch Live TV (news or whatever), then upon coming back to resume the show or play any other show, we get the error message that Media Center Cannot Open the File.

All I have to do to resolve this is reboot the computer, but it is an Atom processor running Win7 32, so it takes about 15 minutes for Media Center to completely shut down, the PC to reboot, load Windows, enter Media Center, and be ready to go again.

In the Action Center shows 1 message:

There was a problem with the software used for video playback on your computer. The name of the software is ffdshow. This type of software is often referred to as a codec.

But the troubleshooter is unable to solve this.

For codecs, I use the Shark007 with all default settings. It works fine until I let Microsoft Update install anything, and that breaks it. Then, I have to uninstall Shark007, reboot, then reinstall Shark007. [Someone tell Microsoft this is a PITA, please.]

This time, uninstalling the codec pack, rebooting, and reinstalling did not fix the problem.

There are currently 57 of the error messages shown in the title in my Event Viewer for today. The Process ID is always different, and I am guessing because a different file is playing.

.NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.1 - There was a failure initializing profiling API attach infrastructure. This process will not allow a profiler to attach. HRESULT: 0x80004005. Process ID (decimal): 1704. Message ID: [0x2509].

Could anyone offer any help for this?

The computer: ASUS EB1501 (1.6 GHz dual core Atom with 4 GB RAM)

Operating System: Shipped with Windows 7 Premium but used Anytime Upgrade to change it to Windows 7 Ultimate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-07-2012, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2code View Post

I use the Shark007 with all default settings.
I would suggest uninstalling your current codecs and then installing current releases from MaJorGeeks, (v377 at the time of this post)
and then using the [x] SUGGESTED settings checkbox

Use Shark007 Codecs and retain your sanity.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-07-2012, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Hey, I know you!

Actually, I've got 3.7.5 (shown in screenshot below) or maybe 3.7.6.

zHpMe.png

Is this something that has been an issue lately?

The last time I talked to you in THIS POST on your forum, you pointed me to the link about not needing to update with every release.

I just don't want to automatically think it's your stuff.
post #4 of 6 Old 09-07-2012, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

No, this issue is not caused by my software. I assumed you were using a much older version. I only stepped in to suggest using the [x] SUGGESTED settings because that will take decoding away from the Microsoft decoders and set decoding to use the LAV filters in the Windows players. Using LAV instead of Microsoft may sidestep the error ever occuring at all. I assist so many people daily that I did not make the correlatrion to the post on my forum.

post #5 of 6 Old 09-07-2012, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

LOL - I understand.

I'll go through the AUDIO tab when I get home this evening and set the options to LAV (if they are not already).

Are there any other tabs I should look into as well?
post #6 of 6 Old 09-07-2012, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

one thing you can try (because it tests for .NET4) is to open the [Icaros Thumbnailing] button on the Config TAB.
If the interface opens without any error message, all tested OK at least for that programs needs.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page