hdmi flicker problem (geforce 9200 -> sharp aquos) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-09-2012, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an older acer machine that has an onboard video card (geforce 9200) w/ hdmi. When I connect it to my sharp aquos and set resolution to 1080p native (1920x1080), it comes up on the tv, however there is a flicker problem. The flicker is like what you get when you change inputs on the tv. It goes black for a second while it looks for the signal, and comes back. While it's in one of these flickers, you lose audio.

When not much is going on and I'm just working on the desktop, it happens maybe once every minute or two. When I'm playing a video and have the system muted, it happens a couple times a minute. When I'm playing a video and have the audio going as well, it happens every few seconds.

I've tried changing hdmi cables, trying different inputs, both plugging directly into the receiver as well as plugging directly into the tv, all drivers are up-to-date.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this? Ideally down the road I'd like to build a custom htpc system from scratch, but don't want to spend the money if I'm going to have hdmi flickering. I don't know if it's the computer or the tv.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-09-2012, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Have you tried a different hdmi cable or different input on your tv? Drivers are all up to date?

This flickering should not be happening. From an AMD 4350 to my current 5450, I have never had a flickering problem.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-09-2012, 05:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
What resoslution at what frame rate are you sending to the TV?
What is the respolution of your souce video and what software are you playing it with?
You may be better off if you let the TV do any upscaling required to it's native 1080p resolution.
I don't suspect your cables are the cause of your flicker.
Are you sure your audion driver is the latest from your system or audio card manufacxturer?
Are you possibly getting dropped frames instead of flicker?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page