Recording TV issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 09-27-2012, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been using my HTPC for almost two years and love it. Have had very few issues until tonight. I went into my Recorded TV section to watch the new Fall Premiere shows and it had recorded the WRONG shows. My recordings are set to record channel 2.1 but it recorded 2.2 on all four Premiers. Arrggghhhh.

So I went to do some testing and hit record on 2.1 and it automatically changed the channel to 2.2 and recorded 2.2. I recorded several other channels with no issues. All others worked just fine. Just not 2.1.

So I deleted 2.2 from the menu and then went 2.1 and hit record but it still automatically switched to 2.2 and recorded.

What is up? How do I fix this???? Thanks.

PS. I have an AVerMedia A188C TV tuner card I believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
sounds like a software issue. If it's recent, try uninstalling whatever you recently installed. If you just recently noticed, then you may want to uninstall and reinstall your DVR software.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Re-tune all the channels and try again.
post #4 of 7 Old 09-28-2012, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
That's strange. The 188 is more commonly known as the Duet and it's a strong performer. You didn't mention what front-end software you're using which may contribute to what's happened or how to advise a fix. I did look up Eagle, ID and found your channel 2.1 CBS which (according to Wikipedia) has a second, low power channel (CW) on its 2.2 sub-channel . The odd thing about the Wiki article is that the CW was on WBIO-DT at channel RF-28 (actually 28.2 which is a UHF frequency) and apparently your WBIO-DT is in VHF on RF-9, today.

Seems there may be some old information in the articles but that may be the key to understanding what's going on. Your setup files (e.g. channel scan) may have a mixed bag of old and new and the fact that you're actually tuning 2.2 which is blank makes no sense - it should be the CW network...

You'll need to either do a targeted purging of virtual channels 2.1 & 2.2 (which may be at RF-9 and/or RF-28) from the database and then rescan or edit the front-end's database to get them correct; perform a full purge and full rescan of all the channels; or, possibly uninstall your entire front-end and start fresh.

What makes NO SENSE is how you can tune 2.1 and watch it; then, when you hit record it switches to 2.2 and there's nothing there... Hmmm.....
post #5 of 7 Old 09-29-2012, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Still perplexed.........removed all the channels, restarted, rescanned for new channels, removed 2.2. Tested again. Went to channel 2.1 and was watching college football, hit record, it then switched to channel 2.2 (Roxanne movie on CW channel). And began recording 2.2 (Roxanne). Arrrggghhh.

I went to other channels and recorded just fine. It's just this channel. I haven't loaded any software or done any updates. I just use windows media center as the tv guide and recording software.

Is this a software issue with WMC or hardware with AVerMedia?

You mention a targeted purging of virtual channels. What is that and how do I do that? Thanks.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-30-2012, 05:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
This is a reach, but maybe try using Guide Tool and see if some channel data is messed up.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-30-2012, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Go into Edit Channel for ch2.1 and check the sources that are listed. Whenever I hear that live TV works fine but recorded TV is screwed up, I think of a channel source problem.

Also, if this is OTA only, dont scan for channels. When setting up TV and it says "scanning for channels", click cancel and set up the channels manually. This way you will only get channel information from the internet and not from OTA.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page