basic video card for secondary htpc req. 1. audio over hdmi 2. budget. 3. 3d capable would be nice. budget...less than 75 bucks - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-28-2012, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i have a main htpc that i use, but i would to build one out of my old pc.

Parts that i have already, lga 775 q6600
8gb ram
hard drives
psu
fans
case

The old video card was a 5770. It worked well for audio hooked to my receiver. The cable company blew it up. I wasn't ready to upgrade, but i did convince them that a msi 7970 lightning was what it needed to be replaced with...thanks knology.

I have atm 2 extra ssd. a 128 gb crucial m4. (i may use that in my main rig and run them in raid.) and a 40 gb intel 320.

the 40 gb served my purpose well in the old machine. 20tb of backup, so space is not an issue.

I just want something basic. Cheaper is better, quiet is better. it's going straight to the tv direct in the living room. No upgraded sound here.

3d would be nice, if i upgrade that tv down the road...but that is not important.

Video card models and prices change at least monthly so it's hard to keep up. google gives you 10mil hits from 2008 forward. toms hardware guide is nice, but it jumps straight to a 6670.

I would prefer to buy something that is a "deal" the $65 card for the sept. guide is $68 bucks at its cheapest on amazon.

Thanks!
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page