3D Ripped DVD to AVR to Projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-01-2012, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First let me say, I have read some posts, and haven't found what I probably need, the 3D Beginner's configuration. One that I found seemed to have a lot of info, but assumed a certain base of knowledge about the topic I don't have. Sorry to have to ask...

Next, my equipment:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX
CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7200 2.53Ghz
Ram: 4GB
Display Adapter: Gigabyte ATI 5450C 512MB 64bit DDR3 (From my reading, I suspect I need a card with more memory)
Onkyo TX-NR818
Projector: Epson 5010e
Software: Total Media 3

I currently have a fairly old driver, CCC, driver version 8.791. When I upgraded to that, it quit showing up as HDMI in my Total Media software. I'm currently sending audio over SPD/if to the Onkyo. I have the video card hooked up to the Onkyo with HDMI and it is working, but not 3D.

So I guess I need a general overview of what I need to do to get it to play 3D. From what I read, it sounds like I need to configure 2 displays. Not sure about that, or why. I've also read about some drivers being broken.

Right now, it says I do not have a 3D display when I try to select 3D when playing a ripped 3D movie.

Can anyone give me some thoughts on what I need to do to get it to play 3D to my projector?

BTW...the projector is plalying 3D fine via Samsung Blue-Ray, HDMI to Onkyo, and Wireless HDMI to the projector.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page