post #31 of 35 Old 10-06-2012, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkro View Post

Crysis 2 played really well on my GTS450 at 1080p, pretty sure I had setting set to high. Typically I don't buy games until they drop below $30 so I'm always about a year behind anyways. The main reason I haven't dropped the gts450 in favor of the 7850 is that its still performing pretty decent. By the way currently considering Deus Ex: Human Revolution $14.99 and one year old, it doesn't pay to have the newest game.
by the way I agree about the TDP and would only recommend 65W versions of trinity.

What about getting the 5800K and underclocking it to the same speed and voltage of the 5700 since they're the same price, wouldn't specs. be the same then and the 100w be dropped to 65w?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 10-07-2012, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8nXTC View Post

What about getting the 5800K and underclocking it to the same speed and voltage of the 5700 since they're the same price, wouldn't specs. be the same then and the 100w be dropped to 65w?

I wouldn't go this route, under volting is easy enough and works for most people with llano including me. But unless the processor is unlocked changing the clock speed of the processor is not ideal, I would just wait for the 65W versions to come out. It would also be nice to see some info on whether the dual core versions can handle everything, my guess is that they can.
post #33 of 35 Old 10-07-2012, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddles88 View Post

1080p at low/medium, not maxed for that APU. Which defeats the purpose to my mind of PC gaming. Same with your 450 or 7850. You won't run any new PC game completely pushed up. Even High will be pushing it over the next year. There are a stack of games on PC that are designed for them - they have DirectX 11, DOF, HBAO, tessellation, high res textures and more. They are not cut down completely like consoles are. Yes the graphics of APU's are great, but look at the downsides - poor single threaded and IPC performance and a big fat TDP. For most, an i3 is the sufficient and superior choice.

I think the i3 with HD4000 will be sufficient..... Look at it in another way though, the A85 chipset that supports the AMD A series support 8 x SATA 3 devices while the Z77 of intel can only support 2. Not sure which mb would be more expensive.......
post #34 of 35 Old 10-07-2012, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev18 View Post

I think the i3 with HD4000 will be sufficient..... Look at it in another way though, the A85 chipset that supports the AMD A series support 8 x SATA 3 devices while the Z77 of intel can only support 2. Not sure which mb would be more expensive.......
And some day, no really SOMEDAY Hard drives will actually be able to use all 300MBS that SATA2 offers us. Besides, in a HTPC how many drives do you use? I have an SSD, an Optical and a storage drive.
post #35 of 35 Old 10-08-2012, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
To the OP:

If you are serious about SVP then an i3 or an A10 with a radeon 5450 is not going to cut it at all. Go to the SVP website and look at the SVPmark spreadsheet. You will want an i7 and and a nvidia 550 TI at a minimum to get decent SVP performance.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page