MKVs stutter with 3D display. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-03-2012, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been having video stuttering issues playing mkvs through my HTPC and HD33 Optoma HD33 display.

SETUP:
I have 2 video cards in my HTPC. One is a HD6770 which is set to primary and connected directly to my projector for full 3D bluray support and the other is the HD5770 se to extended mode connected to my ONkyo 1.3 receiver for HD audio. These are not in crossfire mode and both use highspeed HDMI cables. The latest catalyst 12 drivers are installed and the HD6770 is set to 60HZ refresh rate.

PROBLEM:
When i play any Blu-Ray 3D or 2D disk the video works fine . When i play any 1080p or 720p mkv file through any software player like Media PLayer Classic, PowerDVD, TMT5 the video stutters slightly. I tried reinstalling codecs like Sharks and the CCC all in one packages but it's the same problem over and over again. I even reinstalled my whole OS (Win 7 64bit) and installed\configured 32bit and 64 bit versions of Sharks Codecs and FFDSHOW and the same problem occurrs.

Here's the bright side of all this when i connect my HTPC to my 22" PC monitor downstairs i get no stuttering. Video plays smoothly on all mkv files.

What can i do to resolve this? This just doesn't make any sense.

Thanks.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page