Antec 300 case owners- Need help. This thing has two power LED cables.. which one I use on motherboard? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 10-03-2012, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 948
OK,

I am upgrading my HTPC as we speak and I can't remember which PLED is which.. and the Antec Case labels them the same.

Any advice??

Here is a snapshot from my phone:

You can see that I have a POWER LED and another split POWER LED with + and -

The back of the two stuck together one also has an arrow on the grey to indicate it's the +

My problem is which do I use for which on my motherboard?

Here is my case: ANTEC 300

http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=24&fid=4

Here is my motherboard: Asrock Z77 PRO 3

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Pro3/

Here is the two manuals:

ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/qig/Z77%20Pro3_multiQIG.pdf

http://www.antec.com/pdf/manuals/300_EN%20manual.pdf

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-03-2012, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Connecting the Ports and LEDs
Note: Please refer to your motherboard manual for specific pin outs or location of front panel
connectors.
1. Connect the Reset switch (labeled RESET SW) to the motherboard at the RST
connector. Polarity (positive and negative) does not matter for switches.
2. Power Switch (labeled POWER SW) connects to the PWR connector on the
motherboard.
3. Connect the Power LED connector to the Power LED connector on the motherboard.
For LEDs, colored wires are positive (+). White or black wires are negative (–). If the
LED does not light up when the system is powered on, try reversing the connection. For
more info on connecting LEDs to your motherboard, see your motherboard manual.
4. Hard Drive LED (labeled HDD LED) connects to the drive activity header on your
motherboard or RAID card.

That is from the manual for the Antec 300

It's does not exactly spell it out clearly. I have only had this problem with Antec.

Coolermaster and many others label the connectors differently from what I remember.. so it made more sense.

The manual has some good info but I can't figure out which is which

Someone help me out ?????

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #3 of 10 Old 10-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Nice system, BTW.

FWIW, neither of your Case Wire Connectors are the 3 pin as per the MOBO connector on Page 2 (number 19 Connector).
in which case I would utilize the split wire attached to number 20 connector..
post #4 of 10 Old 10-03-2012, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

ok... so in searching online it appears the small ones go in the corner.. and the together stuck ones go next to them.

Freakin Antec... frown.gif

Is it that hard to label them a little more clearly ?

-

post #5 of 10 Old 10-03-2012, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandbeth View Post

Nice system, BTW.
FWIW, neither of your Case Wire Connectors are the 3 pin as per the MOBO connector on Page 2 (number 19 Connector).
in which case I would utilize the split wire attached to number 20 connector..

Thanks.

I figured it out I think. The split wires go on the upper left..

It's up and running loading windows now... I am using my second monitor for the install at I type this.

I upgraded from my Z68 and G630 to a Z77 and 3570 i5. Only because with the microcenter discount of $50 it makes the i5 $189-50=$139

For $139 it just makes sense over a $120 i3 I was looking at on Newegg. I would have got the same board regardless.

I was actually shopping for a PC for my mother at her house. Then I realized my 8GB/G630/Asrockz68 HTPC was the perfect machine for her and went about looking to purchase her and build her basically the same thing. But I found for $20 more I could get an i5, but I almost did not because I know it was more than she needed. So then I decided to keep it for myself smile.gif

The G630 was perfectly acceptable. Wondering if I will even notice a difference?

-

post #6 of 10 Old 10-03-2012, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

HOLYCRAP THAT WAS FAST. I loaded USB windows this time ... not use the DVD. It took how long it took my to type that reply. It's done now.

-

post #7 of 10 Old 10-03-2012, 07:54 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

HOLYCRAP THAT WAS FAST. I loaded USB windows this time ... not use the DVD. It took how long it took my to type that reply. It's done now.

I just built a new HTPC with the i3-3225 and ASRock Z77 Extreme4. I did the Microcenter discount thing too. I couldn't justify the i5 though. I've already got one on my main system. I'll tell you though this system is fast. It must boot into Windows in less than 10 seconds. With the HD4000 graphics it even seems to be able to handle MadVR. If I'd gotten another i5 I'd have to play around with it too much trying to see what I could get out of it. This is going in the living room where it will mostly be used by my kids. So I wanted something that was set and forget. Not something I would be tempted to play with. For the record according to intel burn test it's about as powerful as my old overclocked i7 920. Thats amazing to me.

As far as installing windows. I haven't used a DVD in years. I use the ISO's off of Microsofts download site and use Windows 7 USB DVD Download tool to put them on a flash drive. Or at least I did until I got this special Zalman 2.5 inch external case that lets me keep ISO's on it. Then all I do is select the one I want and it acts like I virtual DVD drive. It's awesome I've got every ISO I could ever use on there for any reason. Just one more option for the toolkit.
post #8 of 10 Old 10-04-2012, 01:21 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by duff99 View Post

Or at least I did until I got this special Zalman 2.5 inch external case that lets me keep ISO's on it. Then all I do is select the one I want and it acts like I virtual DVD drive. It's awesome I've got every ISO I could ever use on there for any reason. Just one more option for the toolkit.

Did the drive come with some sort of software or did you end up making it bootable with something like xboot?
post #9 of 10 Old 10-04-2012, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff99 View Post

I just built a new HTPC with the i3-3225 and ASRock Z77 Extreme4. I did the Microcenter discount thing too. I couldn't justify the i5 though. I've already got one on my main system. I'll tell you though this system is fast. It must boot into Windows in less than 10 seconds. With the HD4000 graphics it even seems to be able to handle MadVR. If I'd gotten another i5 I'd have to play around with it too much trying to see what I could get out of it. This is going in the living room where it will mostly be used by my kids. So I wanted something that was set and forget. Not something I would be tempted to play with. For the record according to intel burn test it's about as powerful as my old overclocked i7 920. Thats amazing to me.
As far as installing windows. I haven't used a DVD in years. I use the ISO's off of Microsofts download site and use Windows 7 USB DVD Download tool to put them on a flash drive. Or at least I did until I got this special Zalman 2.5 inch external case that lets me keep ISO's on it. Then all I do is select the one I want and it acts like I virtual DVD drive. It's awesome I've got every ISO I could ever use on there for any reason. Just one more option for the toolkit.

Yup. ISO->16GB flash drive. I keep everything I need on that flash.

Installs fast... much faster than DVD and all the drivers and stuff are all there too. Much easier.

I did it basically because I have no DVD rom in this machine.. but it's the way to do it for sure.

-

post #10 of 10 Old 12-15-2012, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Yup. I just used this case again and the other case has different labels.

Hmmm.....

-

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page