Guide Tool or WMC Guide Editor? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-12-2012, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was wanting to get your opinions on which guide editor I should use, Guide Tool or WMC Guide Editor? I'm looking to simply remap the channel numbers of my HD stations so that instead of being in the 700s, they are ".1" versions of SD channels.

So, for instance, ESPN is channel 35. Instead of ESPN HD being 780, I'd prefer it to be channel 35.1. I've done this before with Guide Tool and it worked, but sometimes it was a bit buggy. I didn't know if you all had any recommendations between the two or maybe others I haven't found yet. This is a brand new install of W7 and I'd rather not clutter up with multiple editors and potentially screw something up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-12-2012, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I use GuideTool I did something similar to what you are wanting with my locals But I did not add the decimal I simply made them the local OTA channel number Saves the extra key presses on the remote I would remap your ESPN 780 to simply 35 I remove all the SD versions of my HD channels You have to be careful in GuideTool when you do this not to merge tuners by channel number I'm sure if you want both the SD and HD ESPNs you could do it in GuideTool the way you propose
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page