What is Nvidia- Graphics Adapater WDDM1.1, GRaphics Adapater WDDM1.2, Other hardware... from MS Windows Update? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-14-2012, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17

I already have the latest Nvidia WHQL driver from Nvidia installed on my WIn7 64bit machine.  I see an optional Windows update that says, "Nvidia graphics adapater WDDM1.1, GRaphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware....".

Is that MS Windows update a generic Nvidia driver that's older than the nvidia WHQL driver from nvidia.com or is it something completely different?  The last thing I want to do is overwrite what I have with an older version.  Maybe it's something else entirely different?

Can your HTPC Media Center / DVR Do this??

SageTV: Unrestricted full-quality 12 tuner HD Premium Cable recording, including "On Demand" in HD + OTA ATSC + DVB-S2 + Blu-ray/HD-DVD serving 5 clients.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Just hide it if you have the official driver. Its a generic Windows Update driver. Is this on Win 7 or Win 8?
Old 10-14-2012, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17

Thanks for the quick reply.  I just hid it.  The name of it was confusing; thinking it was something else than a video driver.  I wonder why it can't detect what version I currently have installed.  I currently have driver 306.23 from Nvidia's website installed.

Can your HTPC Media Center / DVR Do this??

SageTV: Unrestricted full-quality 12 tuner HD Premium Cable recording, including "On Demand" in HD + OTA ATSC + DVB-S2 + Blu-ray/HD-DVD serving 5 clients.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 24
The Nvidia driver will install of the bits and pieces you need - HDMI, display driver etc. WDDM is the Windows Display Driver, the Nvidia package naturally has that built in. Hide it and ignore it and rely on updates direct from Nvidia.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:56 AM

Liked: 10
I installed the latest PES 2013, and it say that my graphic card is not up to the minimum requirement, after some time my system found the same nVIDIA update as his. Pls I want to know if downloading this will resolve the problem of my graphics card not being up to the minimum requirement.