Hauppauge WinTV DCR-2650 Dual Cable Card Tuner Windows 7 PlayReady Issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 10-18-2012, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone else have issues with PlayReady errors coming up on certain shows and certain channels? Example, I can not view or record AMC. I have WOW Cable and use Windows 7 media center. I stream to Xbox 360's via wired network. I have issue with certain Primetime shows as well. (example my kid can't watch Glee.)

I'm new to HTC and I'm wondering if this is a DRM thing, cable card issue, or provider issue.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-18-2012, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Did you replace a different card with it recently?

Have you reset playready?

BTW there is a thread here dedicated to that card you could search.. Or the SiliconDust HDHomeRune Prime thread as SilconDust makes that tuner for Hauppauge.

post #3 of 11 Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiliconDust 
Shortcut to Reset PlayReady Only

If you need to reset PlayReady, you can do the below to speed up the process (no uninstall of the PlayReady software). This just resets the data to the default state (read: empty).

1. Close Media Center
2. Open CMD prompt as Admin (click on the start manu, type cmd, right click on the exe and select "Start as admin"
3. Type “net stop ehrecvr”
4. Type “cd %programdata%\Microsoft\PlayReady”
5. Type “del *.hds”
6. Type “rmdir /s Cache”
7. Type “cd %programdata%\Microsoft\ehome”
8. Type “del *.hds”
9. Type “rmdir /s Cache”
10. Type “net start ehrecvr”
11. Launch Media Center
12. Go to Tasks->Settings->TV->Update PlayReady

NOTE:
I have done the above several times. I would not use a batch file unless you place the proper sleep/waits in the code as the services need time to stop and that can vary. I ended up just executing the commands one at a time by placing a PAUSE in the batch file after each command so I could ensure they executed completely before moving on.

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12216

post #4 of 11 Old 10-18-2012, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for he feedback. It is the original card I setup the system with and playready has been "updated" several times by stopping the tuner service and updating. I have actually used the microsoft DRM reset tool a back back and reinstalled playready as well. Everything works great, except for a few channels / shows. My guess is they they might be using some kind of DRM my WinTV is not compatible with?
post #5 of 11 Old 10-18-2012, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

What CableCo?

You need to contact them and let them know you aren't getting the channels to which you subscribe.

It could be any number of things, signal strength, quality, TA needing to be reset, anything.. Call them.

post #6 of 11 Old 10-18-2012, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfouch View Post

Thanks for he feedback. It is the original card I setup the system with and playready has been "updated" several times by stopping the tuner service and updating. I have actually used the microsoft DRM reset tool a back back and reinstalled playready as well. Everything works great, except for a few channels / shows. My guess is they they might be using some kind of DRM my WinTV is not compatible with?
I had similar issues. I discovered that stopping the service and updating doesn't really fix anything, it just fakes out the update. THIS is finally how I solved my problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 11 Old 10-19-2012, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

I read the thread you posted. Seems a little different from my issue, but I was willing to give it a try. How did you access that site though. If I go to that link on my browser, I get a Access Denied page.

drmlicense.one.microsoft.com
post #8 of 11 Old 10-19-2012, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

"What CableCo?

You need to contact them and let them know you aren't getting the channels to which you subscribe.

It could be any number of things, signal strength, quality, TA needing to be reset, anything.. Call them."

Thanks, yea I need to give that a try to. The problem is, when you tell them it is a cable card and computer they scratch their heads. I had to setup my cable card, the tech guy was clueless.
post #9 of 11 Old 10-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

I read the thread you posted. Seems a little different from my issue, but I was willing to give it a try. How did you access that site though. If I go to that link on my browser, I get a Access Denied page.
drmlicense.one.microsoft.com
I tried to go there just to check it out and got the same. Google his link for the correct one. It didn't seem to do anything in Firefox, but it might in IE.

If it's only individual channels it's the cable company's fault. I had this problem and it was like pulling teeth to fix....and for a SD 'basic cable' channel besides.
post #10 of 11 Old 10-19-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 370
I had to use IE for that site. Enable java, activex, turn off popup blocker and all that jazz. I ran it after deleting all hds files and running the reset tool. Then the next time I updated playready it worked for the first time ever on the new hardware I was using. I'd tried everything else before, and none of it ever worked until I ran the update at that site.

Also if you use the reset tool, remember to uninstall it when you're done or it will continue to reset DRM in the background every time you watch something. It creates a scheduled task that does it.

post #11 of 11 Old 10-19-2012, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

"What CableCo?
It could be any number of things, signal strength, quality, TA needing to be reset, anything.. Call them."
Thanks, yea I need to give that a try to. The problem is, when you tell them it is a cable card and computer they scratch their heads. I had to setup my cable card, the tech guy was clueless.

If it is Charter, the UMatter2Charter social media team located in the Charter thread on avs will get you going for sure.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page