How to mirror my PC display to a tablet - AVS Forum
Home Theater Computers > How to mirror my PC display to a tablet
gaidin43's Avatar gaidin43 12:14 PM 10-28-2012
So with the release of windows 8 and the free media center I am planning on trying it out on my HTPC. However, I am trying to figure out a way I can use a kindle fire HD or a google nexus 7 as my remote by mirroring the desktop and the metro UI to both the TV and the tablet at the same time. Does anyone know how to get this to work? If I log in remotely using Remote Desktop it locks the main display screen (the TV).

lockdown571's Avatar lockdown571 01:29 PM 10-28-2012
IMO, using remote desktop as a remote is a bit of a brute force solution. There are apps for Android specifically designed to be remotes for WMC. Take a look at these two:

Ceton Companion

Media Center Control

I'm pretty sure the Ceton App is also available for the Kindle Fire.
gaidin43's Avatar gaidin43 01:31 PM 11-01-2012
Is there anyway to mirror your desktop to a tablet? While still being a me to view it on the main screen?
ljo000's Avatar ljo000 01:37 PM 11-01-2012
There is an app/program that does exactly what you want: Splashtop

You put the server on your PC and you then have remote desktop from your iOS, Android or WebOS tablet.
Iceman1605's Avatar Iceman1605 05:31 PM 11-18-2012
I am interested in this too. The problem with splashtop when I tied it was that it lowered the resolution on my htpc whenever I turned remote desktop on.
oman321's Avatar oman321 06:13 PM 11-18-2012
Teamviewer will keep your main screen active while remote logging into it and putting the desktop on your tablet.
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
Mfusick's Avatar Mfusick 12:35 PM 11-19-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdown571 View Post

IMO, using remote desktop as a remote is a bit of a brute force solution. There are apps for Android specifically designed to be remotes for WMC. Take a look at these two:
Ceton Companion
Media Center Control
I'm pretty sure the Ceton App is also available for the Kindle Fire.

Well said
fitbrit's Avatar fitbrit 12:07 AM 11-20-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman1605 View Post

I am interested in this too. The problem with splashtop when I tied it was that it lowered the resolution on my htpc whenever I turned remote desktop on.

This is done by default, but there is an option to turn this off on the tablet.
Up
Mobile  Desktop