Having some Audio problems with my HTPC, help appriciated. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-11-2012, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I am just getting my newly built HTPC up and running and have run into a problem. Besides watching and recording T.V, onto it, I plan on ripping a huge library of Blu Rays. Lossless audio is important to me, so being able to bitstream TrueHD and MasterHD is a priority. Before I go onto the specific problem I will post the specs in case it helps.

ASUS P8Z77-V LK
Intel Core i3-3220 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz
8GB DDR3 1366
EVGA GeForce 9800 GT HDMI 1GB
Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad-tuner Card PCI-Express
500 Watts PSU

So originally I was going to stick with the on board video of the mobo. I did some viewing of the T.V. saw some pixel lag, so I got a low end GPU that would be sufficient to do away with the pixelation. The new graphics card did indeed clear up the video artifact. When I originally picked & pieced together the system me intention was to send the audio out of the on board HDMI which the on board audio supports. There is an option in the Bios which allows you to choose between sending the digital out over either SPDIF(toslink) or HDMI.

So here is my problem. I am now sending my video through the GeForce 9800 GT, and I have been unable to channel the digital audio through that same cable. When I go into audio devices, I make sure that the Realtec HDMI is the default device, I make sure that HDMI is the default selection in the Bios for digital output. When I go into the NVidia control panel, under Set up digital audio tab, the HDMI drop down has my receiver chosen.

Here is my question, can I make this work? Obviously the on board realtec audio chipset was designed to output to the on board HDMI port. Is there anyway to send that data over my GeForce card?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-12-2012, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Any thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
post #3 of 3 Old 11-12-2012, 07:49 PM

Liked: 12
Try disabling the on board audio in the BIOS. It can cause conflicts with GPU audio. No personal experience with GeForce, but that's how I fixed a similar problem with HDMI audio through an AMD GPU.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page