ENMAB-8CM / Please Help Configure Before I Kill Myself Over This - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-22-2012, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I'm completely new to these forums, so if this thread doesn't belong here, please let me know.

So anyway, I bought a new 5.1 Samsung Home Theater, and it's great and all, but I wanted to use it for my digital backups stored in my computer (since I don't have a blu ray, this was my best option to watch HD movies). Problem was that I didn't had a decent Sound Board with a S/PDIF Output.

So I bought this:

ENMAB-8CM

After I bought I plugged in, Windows 7 recognized it, then I used the driver CD and installed that as well. I plugged my Samsung Home Theater via S/PDIF.

However, no matter what I do, I can't make it work. I've tried to change settings on Windows and on the ENMAB-8CM software, but I still get stereo.

One of the threads in this forum said something about the PC still detecting stereo, but changing the option from 5.1 to A/52 over S/PDIF in VLC sorted out the problem. At one point I had this option available in VLC while I was trying configurations, but when I choose that option, there was no sound, not even stereo.

I've look all over the Internet, but no luck so far, that's why I'm here.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 02:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 389
S/PDIF supports stereo PCM, DD and DTS (the latter two support 5.1). In VLC, Tools menu > Preferences > Show setting: All, then Audio > check "Use S/PDIF when available". Then you will get DD/DTS over S/PDIF when you play DD/DTS sound tracks with VLC player.