HP z556 Screen size match up - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-23-2012, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a HP z556 HTPC running Windows XP with Windows Media Center 2005 hooked up to a Toshiba 30HF66 TV and I'm having issues getting the screen size to fit in the viewing size of my TV. I'm using an DVI to HDMI cable because the PC doesn't have an HDMI port. I don't know if it is on the TV side or the PC side. I've read that the TV is capable of 1920x1080 so I have the resolution set to that on the PC. In composite mode, I'm able to get full screen view by panning but when I switch to HDMI input, the picture extends past the top and bottom of the screen. Any ideas? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
When you have it in HDMI, does the resolution stick at 1920x1080 or change to something else? If it's extending above and below, chances are it's reverting to 1920x1200 (which would be a computer monitor). I have a feeling since you have an older TV that doesn't do 1080p, that it's having trouble maintaining a 1080i input and reverting to something else. If that ends up being the case, I'd suggest trying 1280x720 or 1366x768.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page