ATI HD4800 DVI-HDMI to AVR problems - video ONLY during booting - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-27-2012, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, I have been searching online for the past 3 hours trying to find information on this problem. The little I find with similar problems they were never answered or havent found a solution that works. (unless they give up and go another route)

I have a ATI HD4800 card with two DVI outputs. I am trying to tie the second one through to my DENON 1712 AVR and am having nothing but problems. PC-DVI/HDMI-AVR-TV

1. The cable works, I can connect straight to TV and it displays fine.

2. The signal works over AVR, but ONLY during boot up. After windows loads, it stops outputting video to the DVI 2 into my AVR.

3. With everything hooked up, and my AVR not selected to the PC source - ATI catalyst will completely recognize my DENON AVR.

4. As soon as I switch my AVR input to the PC source, screen goes black and ATI no longer sees / recognizes that I am connected to anything through DVI 2.

5. I have tried using multiple/known working AVR hdmi inputs and still have the same problem.

Any idea what is causing this?? Anyway to force output through to DVI-2 even though the computer doesnt think anything is connected? Any settings I am missing here? Cant understand why it works completely fine during boot up, but then stops when windows loads.

Sounds like some kind of ATI or windows issue. I uninstalled/wiped/ reinstalled Catalyst and still no go.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 11:31 PM
Qaq

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What is your refresh rate? My Onkyo loses sync (and picture) on 50, 60Hz. So I use 2 separate connections: DVI-TV (picture only) and HDMI-AVR (sound only).
Make direct PC-TV connection. Set display to 23-30 Hz and try again with AVR.

Burned by the Audio Inquisition
Old 11-29-2012, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just an update for any that search this in the future and have same sypmtoms.

After several ATI uninstalls, and then using driver sweeper to remove any remaining ATI files, it now works.

I also moved the input to GAME2 on AVR, but I think it had more to do with getting out all previous ATI files/registery entries.