Hello all, I have been searching online for the past 3 hours trying to find information on this problem. The little I find with similar problems they were never answered or havent found a solution that works. (unless they give up and go another route)
I have a ATI HD4800 card with two DVI outputs. I am trying to tie the second one through to my DENON 1712 AVR and am having nothing but problems. PC-DVI/HDMI-AVR-TV
1. The cable works, I can connect straight to TV and it displays fine.
2. The signal works over AVR, but ONLY during boot up. After windows loads, it stops outputting video to the DVI 2 into my AVR.
3. With everything hooked up, and my AVR not selected to the PC source - ATI catalyst will completely recognize my DENON AVR.
4. As soon as I switch my AVR input to the PC source, screen goes black and ATI no longer sees / recognizes that I am connected to anything through DVI 2.
5. I have tried using multiple/known working AVR hdmi inputs and still have the same problem.
Any idea what is causing this?? Anyway to force output through to DVI-2 even though the computer doesnt think anything is connected? Any settings I am missing here? Cant understand why it works completely fine during boot up, but then stops when windows loads.
Sounds like some kind of ATI or windows issue. I uninstalled/wiped/ reinstalled Catalyst and still no go.
Any insight would be appreciated.