WOOT! I did something no one else has done. FIX YOUR GYRATION REMOTE HOW TO! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 11-30-2012, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Ok, so a lot of us have had the Gyration Remote controls or mice and a lot of them fail eventually because the gyro stops working. Some people drop theirs on accident and the little gyro cover comes off, some people treat theirs like gold and it still stops working with the same issue. I have personally had several of them go out, a couple go out at work and finally last night a friend of mine sent me a text frustrated because his stopped working as well.

I had tried many times in the past to see what I could do to fix the issue with no success... until now. I hope that this helps many of you out there that have had the same issue!

Being a broke single dad of two teenagers has really made me focus on fixing whatever I can to save money, so my cheapness is now your gain!! (wish I could make money off this lol)
freetvEE likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-29-2013, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have been looking for a solution to this forever, thanks for the video! I will give it a try. I dont know if I really have any magnets laying around is there a specific one I should buy? Did this fix it permanently or for how long? Any other tips-I need to fix several?
post #3 of 9 Old 05-29-2013, 11:54 PM
Advanced Member

Holy crap! You just went and figured that out? What the hell do you do for a living? I have 2 of those remotes still (and it appears they don't sell them any more) so I will keep this video. By the way, I also have the Measy RC air remote that has 2 video links after the above video, and find it works poorly.
post #4 of 9 Old 05-30-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintari View Post

Ok, so a lot of us have had the Gyration Remote controls or mice and a lot of them fail eventually because the gyro stops working. Some people drop theirs on accident and the little gyro cover comes off, some people treat theirs like gold and it still stops working with the same issue. I have personally had several of them go out, a couple go out at work and finally last night a friend of mine sent me a text frustrated because his stopped working as well.

I had tried many times in the past to see what I could do to fix the issue with no success... until now. I hope that this helps many of you out there that have had the same issue!

Being a broke single dad of two teenagers has really made me focus on fixing whatever I can to save money, so my cheapness is now your gain!! (wish I could make money off this lol)

Suggestion:
Since the video is on Youtube data loss of the video probably won't happen, but would you please expand on what is being described in the video?
(EG: Do a write up)

Reason I ask is so many times on the net I'll run across info I really need and find images have been deleted, videos disappear.

BTW: One poster asked about totally removing the cover while remote was functional so you wouldn't have to reinitialize it (That is what you are doing in the video?) I suggested HOT-GLUING cover in place, and maybe using something to sandwhich the casing against the otter housing so it can't come off -Sound viable?

freetvEE likes this.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-02-2013, 08:26 PM

[quote Since the video is on Youtube data loss of the video probably won't happen, but would you please expand on what is being described in the video?
(EG: Do a write up)

Reason I ask is so many times on the net I'll run across info I really need and find images have been deleted, videos disappear.
[/quote]

+1 biggrin.gif
post #6 of 9 Old 02-23-2014, 09:32 AM

Looks like the Gyration Remote fix video is now gone, does anyone else have a copy they can post please? Or can someone give a quick recap of how to fix the Gyration Remote?
post #7 of 9 Old 04-22-2014, 09:32 AM

Does anyone know of another link for a how to on fixing the Gyration Remote mouse or possibly a memory that they can do a short summary on? Thanks!
post #8 of 9 Old 04-23-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetvEE View Post

Looks like the Gyration Remote fix video is now gone, does anyone else have a copy they can post please? Or can someone give a quick recap of how to fix the Gyration Remote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetvEE View Post

Does anyone know of another link for a how to on fixing the Gyration Remote mouse or possibly a memory that they can do a short summary on? Thanks!

Well, looks like a "data" loss occurred in that the video got deleted. If I had to guess Gyration (or whoever owns the brand now) had it deleted.
I may have archived a copy of the video, trick is finding it. (Don't hold your breath)

IIRC The gyro within the unit stops working when the cover of the gyro comes loose when the remote gets dropped. Some have reported removing the cover restores the unit to a working condition. (If it was me I'd hot glue the cover back on / and wedge it somehow in position so it doesn't come loose again. Reason for using Hot-Glue I would not think it would damage the board..(might want to research that to be sure) and you could take it back apart if needed.

WHATEVER you do, Please post a "DETAILED" follow-up... either create a thread and LINK to it or post the details of your repair here.

*Posting a "DETAILED FOLLOW-UP" means posting info you'd like to run across when having a problem you need a fix QUICK!

Found this:
Quote:
Yeah I had the same problem...there is one screw you can get to when you take the batteries out and then I had to use a screwdriver and jam it in the side to get it to come apart. There is a metal casing for the Gyro part that came off and was messing it all up...soooo I just left the metal casing off(because it was glued on it won't stay on now) and it works fine!!!

freetvEE likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-25-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreNotAlone69 View Post

Well, looks like a "data" loss occurred in that the video got deleted. If I had to guess Gyration (or whoever owns the brand now) had it deleted.
I may have archived a copy of the video, trick is finding it. (Don't hold your breath)

IIRC The gyro within the unit stops working when the cover of the gyro comes loose when the remote gets dropped. Some have reported removing the cover restores the unit to a working condition. (If it was me I'd hot glue the cover back on / and wedge it somehow in position so it doesn't come loose again. Reason for using Hot-Glue I would not think it would damage the board..(might want to research that to be sure) and you could take it back apart if needed.

WHATEVER you do, Please post a "DETAILED" follow-up... either create a thread and LINK to it or post the details of your repair here.

*Posting a "DETAILED FOLLOW-UP" means posting info you'd like to run across when having a problem you need a fix QUICK!

Found this:

Yep looks like you called it-about the video getting wiped out... Hope you can find something, because I dont really remember the steps to fix the flaky mouse. I will probably try something eventually, but would fell much better about the possibility of success if I had that video or at least some more details or an overview of what to do. Thanks for posting what you have, hopefully someone else will chime in too!
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page