Windows MC7 and My Movies Folder Name Changes - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-30-2012, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi folks,

I have an issue that I have not been able to figure out. I have Win 7 with media center and am using My Movies to catalog by Blu Ray collection to Folders. What I have realized is that some program is changing the names of the folders I use to save my mvoes in. I believe it has something to do with the dvdid file that is getting created in each folder. Here is an example. I ripped Gone in 60 Seconds to a folder call "Gone in 60 Seconds". A short time later I looked at this folder and the name of the folder has changed to "Gone in 60 seconds (1974)". Inside the folder is now a file called Gone in 60 Seconds (1974).dvdid. I know the name is correct but the year is wrong. So I went and deleted the .dvdid file and changed the name so the folder to "Gone in 60 Seconds (2006)". I went back and looked at the folder again and now the name has changed back to "Gone in 60 Seconds (1974)". Any ideas? I've also had other funny behavior where I had folders called "Disc 2" under main titles to represent sub discs in a multi-disc set. After a bit of time I see that the folder name has been changed to "disco (2008)". Any thoughts? I tuned off Store Meta Data in dvdid in My Movies. and then updated and cleaned files from My Movies. I also turned off Folder monitoring in My Movies (disabled). I am beginning to think that Win 7 is creating these files from MCE7 based on folder names rather than disc ID.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-30-2012, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Are you using the Ceton Companion app or something similar to catalog and view files?
post #3 of 3 Old 12-01-2012, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yep it was Ceton. There is a setting that causes it to rename folders based on the dvdid.xml file it thinks is correct. I had some issues where it would pick the wrong dvdid file and hence kept changing the folder name to an incorrect one. Needless to say it completely hosed up My Movie library.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page