hdmi amplifier splitter question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-05-2012, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm considering buying an hdmi amplifier splitter. I cannot find this information anywhere.
Can someone explain to me what:

EIDI duration: 6 seconds

means? Does this mean that it takes 6 whole seconds to get from the source to the 2 connected monitors?
For instance this product
http://imagestore.store.buy.com/p/black-2-ports-hdmi-splitter-amplifier-ver-1-3b-certified-for-full-hd/226660591.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I am not sure what that spec is, but this is what I bought:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011306&p_id=8204&seq=1&format=2

One of my runs is 35 feet and works perfectly. Good product.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

Let me ask you this... Any noticable delay between the source and the endpoints?

Also another question. and this to everyone. Your product said: (maximum) 15m 26awg. Do you think if I attached a 24awg with a built in repeater to that product (amplified splitter)... I could make it out to 75ft?
Old 12-06-2012, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

I went anothe direction
Old 12-07-2012, 10:15 AM

Liked: 147
I know you went another direction, but I will answer for posterity's sake:

I am using 24AWG monoprice cables. One of them is 35feet long, going to my Panasonic PT-AE4000U projector. I have absolutely no problems with it. There is no delay between the endpoints and the receiver that I notice.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:58 AM

Liked: 11
I know your post is old, but just in case there is someone else out there looking for this information...

It looks like EIDI is a Typo... (It says it on the box of my switch too...)

I found this on Wikipedia and I think this is what we were looking for.

"Extended display identification data (EDID) is a data structure provided by a digital display to describe its capabilities to a video source (e.g. graphics card or set-top box). It is what enables a modern personal computer to know what kinds of monitors are connected to it. EDID is defined by a standard published by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA). The EDID includes manufacturer name and serial number, product type, phosphor or filter type, timings supported by the display, display size, luminance data and (for digital displays only) pixel mapping data.

EDID structure versions range from v1.0 to v1.4; all these define upwards-compatible 128-byte structures. EDID structure v2.0 defined a new 256-byte structure, but subsequently has been deprecated and replaced by v1.3.[citation needed] HDMI 1.0 – 1.3c uses EDID structure v1.3.[1]

DisplayID is a standard targeted to replace EDID and E-EDID extensions with a uniform format suited for both PC monitor and consumer electronics devices."
Old 03-20-2013, 07:59 AM

Liked: 11
Extended display identification data (EDID) is a data structure provided by a digital display to describe its capabilities to a video source (e.g. graphics card or set-top box). It is what enables a modern personal computer to know what kinds of monitors are connected to it. EDID is defined by a standard published by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA). The EDID includes manufacturer name and serial number, product type, phosphor or filter type, timings supported by the display, display size, luminance data and (for digital displays only) pixel mapping data.

EDID structure versions range from v1.0 to v1.4; all these define upwards-compatible 128-byte structures. EDID structure v2.0 defined a new 256-byte structure, but subsequently has been deprecated and replaced by v1.3.[citation needed] HDMI 1.0 – 1.3c uses EDID structure v1.3.[1]

DisplayID is a standard targeted to replace EDID and E-EDID extensions with a uniform format suited for both PC monitor and consumer electronics devices.
cgrfce likes this.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:19 AM

Thank You smile.gif for the explanation

User Tag List