Closed Thread

post #61 of 73 Old 12-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
I disagree. It should work as good. Accepting less is silly. They knew what kind of product they were making and what it was going to be used in.

It does work as good for most people and for the rest once the problems are resolved. The problem is that there are a million more things and configurations that they have ZERO control over. Expecting them to anticipate them before hand is completely. Its the same thing as the consol vs PC market in games. Programming for a consol is a lot easier in many ways than programming for the PC because you have only a small variety of hardware configurations to consider, while with the PC its nearly infinite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 Old 12-13-2012, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncarty97 View Post

It does work as good for most people and for the rest once the problems are resolved. The problem is that there are a million more things and configurations that they have ZERO control over. Expecting them to anticipate them before hand is completely. Its the same thing as the consol vs PC market in games. Programming for a consol is a lot easier in many ways than programming for the PC because you have only a small variety of hardware configurations to consider, while with the PC its nearly infinite.

Once again. Its the game they decided to jump into. That doesn't give them a pass to put out crappy products. If they need to test more before releasing so be it. Dont test on me though. Not for $200. Give me a free card and Ill test all you want.
post #63 of 73 Old 12-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

Send it back. Move on. Leave us alone now..

Just add him to your block list.
post #64 of 73 Old 12-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbitt 1080P View Post

Once again. Its the game they decided to jump into. That doesn't give them a pass to put out crappy products. If they need to test more before releasing so be it. Dont test on me though. Not for $200. Give me a free card and Ill test all you want.

They didn't put out a crappy product (at least not the InfiniTV, I haven't used the Echo). They put out a great product, which was tested and which performed to expectations when it was released (look at all the reviews, there were minimal issues). Most of the issues people have seem to surround the network tuning, which if you will remember was a feature that was added after initial release. It wasn't even in the original published specs, but people were screaming for it so they made it happen.
post #65 of 73 Old 12-13-2012, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

They didn't put out a crappy product (at least not the InfiniTV, I haven't used the Echo). They put out a great product, which was tested and which performed to expectations when it was released (look at all the reviews, there were minimal issues). Most of the issues people have seem to surround the network tuning, which if you will remember was a feature that was added after initial release. It wasn't even in the original published specs, but people were screaming for it so they made it happen.

Your entitled to an opinion also.

Just looking at the first page of threads there are (2) 130+ page threads about ceton products. 130+ pages of people needing help to make them work? Speaks for its self.

Network tuning was part of the features of this card when I bought it. Its the only reason I choose this over the HDHR.
post #66 of 73 Old 12-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Your entitled to an opinion also.
Just looking at the first page of threads there are (2) 130+ page threads about ceton products. 130+ pages of people needing help to make them work? Speaks for its self.
Network tuning was part of the features of this card when I bought it. Its the only reason I choose this over the HDHR.

About the first half of each of those threads were people asking about the products before they were even released! And probably less than half after that were people detailing problems, more questions, detailing set ups, etc. The echo thread is a bit heavier on the problem side, but the majority of those are from beta testers.

Why would you choose this over the HDHR for network tuning? The HDHR is specifically designed for network tuning.
post #67 of 73 Old 12-13-2012, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

About the first half of each of those threads were people asking about the products before they were even released! And probably less than half after that were people detailing problems, more questions, detailing set ups, etc. The echo thread is a bit heavier on the problem side, but the majority of those are from beta testers.
Why would you choose this over the HDHR for network tuning? The HDHR is specifically designed for network tuning.

Your right. There probably just talking about how there weekend was in those 130+ page threads. All good .confused.gif

If you think its ok to blow an appointments and put out a buggy product that's fine. I on the other hand don't think that's ok..
post #68 of 73 Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Your right. There probably just talking about how there weekend was in those 130+ page threads. All good .confused.gif

That's now what I said. I posted at least a dozen times in the InfiniTV time before I bought mine, asking questions about how it worked, what I could and could not do with it, etc. By your standard, any product with a long thread has bad customer service, so pretty much every popular product has bad customer serivce. The 'official' threads of products here are generally dozens and into hundreds of pages longs. Its an indication of interest in a product, not a report on the customer serivice of a company. Get a clue.
Quote:
If you think its ok to blow an appointments and put out a buggy product that's fine. I on the other hand don't think that's ok..

Ohh noess! They missed an appointment. IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #69 of 73 Old 12-13-2012, 11:54 AM

Liked: 16
This thread seems to have run its course... but that's just me. I'm no mod, of course.
post #70 of 73 Old 12-13-2012, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

That's now what I said. I posted at least a dozen times in the InfiniTV time before I bought mine, asking questions about how it worked, what I could and could not do with it, etc. By your standard, any product with a long thread has bad customer service, so pretty much every popular product has bad customer serivce. The 'official' threads of products here are generally dozens and into hundreds of pages longs. Its an indication of interest in a product, not a report on the customer serivice of a company. Get a clue.
Ohh noess! They missed an appointment. IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You get a clue. My opinion is based on my experience with the product that I bought. The long support threads just confirm it. Not sure how this relates to you and why you feel the need to defend them. I'm sure they appreciate you keeping this thread near the top of the first page though.
TrebleClef likes this.
post #71 of 73 Old 12-13-2012, 12:38 PM

Liked: 10
In an ideal world, a product should work out of the box.

In a realistic world, if there are issues the support center should get to as soon as possible.

I have been impressed with Ceton response time. Not that I have had to use them much in the past few months. I also realize that even a conscientious company like Ceton can get behind when they are growing as rapidly as they are.
post #72 of 73 Old 12-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You get a clue. My opinion is based on my experience with the product that I bought. The long support threads just confirm it. Not sure how this relates to you and why you feel the need to defend them. I'm sure they appreciate you keeping this thread near the top of the first page though.

Except that its not a support thread. I defend them because I don't like seeing good companies get badmouthed by clueless people.
post #73 of 73 Old 12-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Enough...
snappjay likes this.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the AVS Club and help support the site. Help Support AVS Forum Sponsors.
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page