Playing only audio through HDMI- audio stops when TV is turned off - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-06-2012, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a quirky problem with audio playback through my laptop. it currently has a Nvidia GT330 and it's connected via HDMI to my pioneer SC1222 receiver which then connects to my panasonic P55ST50. Sometimes I like to just play music from my laptop, such as mp3's or pandora etc. however, I dont want to leave the TV on as i don't want to burn in images/ want to conserve power. as soon as i power off the TV, the audio stops and then starts playing through my laptop. is there some type of setting I on my laptop that will keep outputting digital audio through the HDMI into the receiver?

I'm also soon to be replacing this with a new HTPC w/ intel HD 4000 graphics but am anticipating a similar problem when i power off the TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-06-2012, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Many receivers return a different EDID depending on whether the TV is on or off. In other words, check to see what HDMI output device is shown by the computer when the TV is turned off and make sure it's enabled by default, too.

Unfortunately, some receivers return the same information in both cases, in which case your out of luck. (That's the case with mine. frown.gif )

Selden
post #3 of 3 Old 12-07-2012, 12:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just to have that problem with my denon 2112ci avr too, so I went to control panel / hardware and sound / power options / change plan settings / turn off the display (set to never) and now I can play music and turn off my tv with no problems. hope will help
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page