post #31 of 32 Old 12-08-2012, 06:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by prazsky View Post

I like the sound of crashplan. $3/month is an amazing deal. But my Internet is way too slow to even consider the option of cloud backup.

How much data are you adding or changing on a daily basis? It runs in the background and updates automatically for you.

Not ideal for a business but ideal for most people's critical non-HTPC files I would think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 12-08-2012, 07:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

How much data are you adding or changing on a daily basis? It runs in the background and updates automatically for you.
Not ideal for a business but ideal for most people's critical non-HTPC files I would think.

Right.

I don't care if it takes me weeks.... I don't plan on a failure. Plus I have a parity based system that could handle a single drive failure.

I think soon I will go to double parity drives. At 10 HDD's.... I will have two parity I think. And maintain that until I hit 20.

Right now I have only 6 3TB drives and 3 2TB drives. Of which one 3TB is a parity. So my total drives are 8. I will add a pair of 3TB next and make one of those a parity. I have three external USB 3TB units. One unopened I got on Amazon for $90. Another WD Green inside 3TB that has some pictures on it.. and another Seagate from Costco. I might crack two open. I don't need 9TB of external USB storage.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page