I've always wanted to play Blu-ray's from native Windows Media Center Movie Library so that they open with players like MPC-HC or MPC-BE, so I could get the best possible image quality by using madVR and LAVFilters.
I decided to make a MPC-HC/BE Plug-in for 7MC/8MC, it's written in C#, Visual Studio 2012. When you start Blu-ray playback from Movie Library (Physical Disc Drives, Mounted Drives and Folders on HDD), it instantly launches MPC on full screen and playback starts, when playback ends, MPC closes and takes you back to Movie Library. Remote back button closes MPC and takes you back to Media Center.
MPC-HC & BE allows you to use the best possible video renderer, splitter and video/audio decoders (madVR and LAVFilters). madVR can for example automatically change your display refresh rate to 24p when Blu-ray playback starts.
Short video of how it works.
18.104.22.168 - 2012/12/10 DownloadFeatures
- Can launch Blu-ray, HD DVD, DVD* and MKV* files from native WMC Movie Library (Physical Disc Drives, Mounted Drives and Folders on HDD).
- Can move WMC out of DirectX exclusive mode before MPC loads.
- Resumes playback where you left.
- Remote buttons are mapped as in WMC.
*If you wan't to launch DVD's and MKV files from Movie Library, create a folder BDMV alongside with VIDEO_TS folder or MKV file.Known issues
- If you press for example Green button or Guide button, WMC activates on the background to take some remote commands over MPC.
I've added MPC-BE in the installer in the first builds so it's easier to test, I plan removing it soon so that the installer has just the plug-in. You can remove MPC-BE from "Program Files\Media Player Classic" and copy MPC-HC there, your settings aren't affected if you have previously used MPC-HC from different folder.LinksMPC-HCMPC-BEmadVRLAVFiltersxy-vsfilter