Windows 8 - Ceton and Weak TV signal - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-16-2012, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I was having issues with a weak TV signal errors in Windows Media Center 8. I used the registry key change from this KB article at Microsoft to fix the issue. It says that it applies to Win7, I believe that it also applies to Win8.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2708283

"The registry value WeakSignalDroppedThreshold specifies the maximum percentage of dropped packets before Media Center displays the Weak TV Signal message. If the registry value is not set, the default value is 10%. The steps in the Resolution section specify to set it to 50% (32 hexadecimal). The side effect of setting this to a higher value is that it may in some cases prevent a valid Weak TV Signal message from appearing while watching Live TV in Media Center. However, in the case of a valid weak signal it may be obvious to the user, due to dropped frames or other video artifacts, that there is a signal strength problem for that particular channel."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-16-2012, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I have no reason to believe that this would not affect Windows 8 (both the problem and the workaround). (I worked with MS to isolate the issue and identify the workaround)

Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page