CALM act compliance - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-29-2012, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 25
All,

If you are using a ceton infinitv (or other similar device) for live TV reception, What specific steps did you have to take (if any) in order to bring your service in compliance with the CALM act? Specifically, did you have to do something to your equipment like remove and re-insert your cable card, etc..

I'm using FIOS here and the commercials are about 5x the volume of the shows I'm watching. Verizon (predictably) is denying all responsibility and is instead blaming the advertisers.

Is there something I need to do to my infinitv / cablecard combo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-29-2012, 03:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 250
CALM act is the responsibility of service/content provider, not end user. You don't need to do a thing (and really nothing you can do about it other than turn the volume down). If Verizon doesn't comply, you can report them to FCC. On the other hand, IIRC, this act was just recently passed. As always, you can expect that there will be months or years before it can be enforced.

You can also spend $$$ to buy some expensive high end receivers that includes functionalities to auto-level the loud commericals. But why spent your own money to do that when it is your service provider who is responsible.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page