EDID Issue? Looking for help/confirmation ( Windows HTPC / Pioneer SC-1522-K receiver/ Epson 8350 Projector) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-29-2012, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have a pioneer SC-1522-K receiver connected to an Epson 8350 projector, all sourced from a windows 7 HTPC. The HTPC runs both WMC and XBMC for media. Connectivity is all HDMI. HDMI from PC to Receiver, and from receiver to projector. The PC is running a Nvidia GT-520 Graphics card.

I've been struggling to get HDMI audio to be recognized in windows. When I connect HTPC -> Receiver -> Projector , I do not get any audio, video works fine. The windows audio control pannel shows that the nvidia audio is 'not connected'. No amount of firmware updates/driver updates/windows updates has changed this.

On a hunch, I dug up a DVI->HDMI Cable. I plugged the DVI cable to the receiver, and the HDMI cable to the projector. HTPC -> (HDMI->HDMI) -> Projector AND HTPC -> (DVI->HDMI)-> Receiver. WHen I did this, audio was functional. I was able to bitstream Dolby True HD/ DTS Master Audio without issue. The picture was also fine in this configuration.

While this configuration isn't optimal - its functional, and I'm fine just leaving it as is - however some googling pointed me to the EDID thread involving ATI cards. I didn't see much that pointed in the nvidia direction. Is this lack of audio when connected via HTPC -> Receiver -> Projector a EDID issue? Can this be solved to avoid the redundant interconnects I have now?

Thanks!
Reply Home Theater Computers