WMC won't recognize Ceton tuners. Ugh!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-29-2012, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
*** Sorry! Please append to the huge Ceton thread!! ****

Well, I was hoping I would be able to get this all installed smoothly and be watching digital cable on my new HTPC in an hour. Didn't happen frown.gif

I cannot get WMC to pick up the tuners in either Win 7 Pro x64 nor Win 8 Pro x64.

Upon fresh install of Win7, it picks up the tuners the first time I try it, but then if I reboot it loses them forever. I'm beginning to think I got a bad CableCARD.

I activated my card via Comcast's online activation and haven't called them yet to take care of that validation signal thing, but I wanted to take care of this WMC thing before I did that. Even if they got the signal down, I couldn't see it in WMC anyways.

The closest I have gotten this far was a fresh install of Win7, 100% updated, tuners found and configured in WMC but Playready couldn't update. I actually was able to play some of the basic channels (think I had Law & Order streaming on Ch. 2) and that got me excited. I tried to resolve the Playready update issue though, and had to reboot the PC. Then WMC couldn't find the tuners again.

I finally caved out of frustration and installed a copy of Win 8 Pro I have with free WMC. I couldn't get WMC to see the tuners at any point with win 8. I installed the latest beta firmware and still no go.

I have tried:
1.) Another PCIe Slot
2.) Full updates to OS
3.) Ceton Diagnostic clearing tuner/discover tuners thing
4.) Win 7 and Win 8

Any suggestions at all? This thing is really frustrating. Can't help but wonder if I would have had better luck with HDHomerun. Then again if it's a CableCARD issue, none if it matters.

Thanks guys,

PS I opened a ticket with Ceton, but figured I could get some suggestions to try this Sunday since they are closed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-30-2012, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Did you run the Digital Cable Advisor prior to setting up Media Center? You need to run that and save the settings before Media Center will work with the tuners.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-31-2012, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
"I activated my card via Comcast's online activation and haven't called them yet to take care of that validation signal thing, but I wanted to take care of this WMC thing before I did that. Even if they got the signal down, I couldn't see it in WMC anyways."

BINGO!

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page