Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: 2nd Star on the Right & Straight on Till Morning!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please excuse my ignorance but I have been reading for days/weeks and am no closer to designing/purchasing a new HTPC. I am ready to make this happen as soon as TODAY so I look forward to any advice. First and foremost this will be about a 50/50 split as HTPC and PC. I am hoping to kill ALL birds with 1 stone through this post.
Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish:
1. HD3D playback regardless of screen size, whether Projection or LED/Plasma.
2. MUST be able to extract RAR files without a hiccup, whether its 1 video file or 10.
3. MUST be able to convert Video files to MP4/MKV/AVI, or the like.
4. I'd like to be able to run Directv thru HTPC whether viewing, recording, or controlling, if possible? Seems its not?
5. Now imagine 1-3 happening at the same time - NO HICCUPS!
6. I am sure that due to the knowledge level here, most readers will understand what I'm hoping for and be able to help with any of the finer points of HTPCing I may have missed?
Additionally, this will RUN a theater(unless I'm advised against), which I'm also looking for suggestions about as I'd like this to run like a well oiled machine. So feel free to provide suggestions regarding a potential Receiver, Speaker system or stand alones, etc.
Please keep in mind that I am NOT an expert so any and all questions, comments, or concerns are welcome.
Is the HTPC a possibility for under 2k? Thoughts? Suggestions?