GD05B issue - mobo standoffs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-09-2013, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Ok, finally got all but 2 of my parts in so started assembling my HTPC. However, I've noticed an issue. The GD05B comes with pre-attached mobo stands that can not be unscrewed from the case (they're round and physically part of the case bottom, not simply screwed in).

I'm using a Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H and there is no mobo mounting hole at the front right of the case where I have a stand. What's my best solution here? Will simply placing some electrical tape over the stand be sufficient to keep it from shorting out the circuit traces?

Kind of stupid to me that Silverstone pre-installed non-removable stands. Makes more sense to let us just screw them in where need them. I added one to a provided hole they have in the case where I needed it on the middle left of the board. Should be that way for all of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-09-2013, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Just make sure there is nothing critical on the motherboard in that spot (there usually isn't). Electrical tape (double it) over the standoff works just fine.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-09-2013, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Not sure what you might define as "critical" :rolleyes

Well, I got to looking further and set the mobo inside and instead of it resting on a standoff with no standoff hole, it look's like BOTH front pre-attached and unremovable standoffs are not under the board. Thus, instead of one standoff under the board in the wrong spot I'll simply have the lowest mid to left standoff spot on the mobo unsupported. That's a better tradoff I guess. Strange issues for a top tier case manufacturer though.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page