6950 - No encoded DTS-HD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-10-2013, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, Capture.PNG 50k .PNG file

I have a MSI 6950, and output via HDMI. I am having difficulty (specifically in Media Portal) outputing DTS-HD. My codecs for MP are all configured correctly. The issue, I believe, is with my 6950 drivers.

When I go Control Panel --> Sound --> Right-Click on "AMD HDMI Output" and Select "Properties", Under "Supported Formats" the list of Encoded Formats includes, DTS Audio, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, and Dolby Digital... but DTS-HD is not in that list.

How exactly (if at all) would I be able to add that to the list? I've been searching around here and on Google and haven't found anything. I also tried uninstalling all AMD video/audio drivers (hoping there was an issue here), and DTS-HD is still not included. Any ideas or suggestions?

Spec-aroos:

Windows 7 64bit
Intel i5 2550k
MSI HD 6950
Gigabyte Mobo (I can get the exact model if it's even needed)

Bonus Question:

If I play a movie with DTS-HD in VLC, the audio works. However, when I view what codecs are being used, it says "DTS." Any thoughts on this? Is VLC changing the audio format?

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (50.3 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-10-2013, 10:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 245
There are couple of the threads here about ATI video cards and EDID mess. Do a search. If you don't see the DTS-HD in the list, you have the EDID issues. Check out those threads for answers.

All DTS-HD track contains a DTS core track. So, VLC could just extract that out and send out as DTS. No change of format needed.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page