Wmc no video issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
natas777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

I have a win 7 wmc htpc setup. I originally had it hooked up to a LCD tv. I now have it hooked up to a projector. One annoying thing that happens is the hdmi signal seems to stop working. This doesn't happen all the time, but it generally happens 1 to 2 times a week. The current fix I have found is to just reset the machine. I do know its recording and working because in my other room I can watch live tv or recorded tv with my Xbox. It's only happens when I go to watch tv after the reciever and projector were off. I never have had it happen while watching tv. Basically I go up stairs turn on the projector and reciever and bam no audio or video. The computer is not asleep. This happened to my LCD so I figured the problem would go away when I put the projector in...but it's still going on.

Can anyone make any recommendations?

Btw in case it is helpful. When I turn the projector and reciever off I leave wmc running but hit stop so it leaves with the main wmc screen up. About 25% of the time when this happens I can hit the live tv button on my harmony and it works. ...the other 75% of the time I have to hard reset.

Hardware:
Mobo gigabyte ga-a75m-ud2h - latest bios and all windows drivers have been updated
Mad a4-3400
Centon infinitv 4
natas777 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 3 Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Member
 
rayw69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I occasionally experience something similar. But in my case, it is not an HDMI issue. It is strictly an issue with WMC.

Next time this happens, try just moving your mouse around. Or hit Ctrl-Alt-Del on your keyboard. If the video comes back, then you just need to kill WMC.

The way I deal with this is to map one of the soft keys on my Harmony to Alt-F4. Just kill WMC with Alt-F4 and bring WMC back up with the Menu button.
rayw69 is offline  
post #3 of 3 Old 01-11-2013, 04:32 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
natas777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Moving the mouse or Ctrl alt del do not work in my case. I will try the alt f4 thing but I doubt it will work
natas777 is offline  
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off