Bluetooth Extender/Repeater? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-11-2013, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 40
In theory the easiest way to get Airplay like streaming out of my Galaxy S3 is to just use bluetooth to connect to my HTPC. The problem is that the S3 has very limited range. I have tried the built in BT and a USB BT adapter and neither gives me more than 10". This led me to look for an extender that I could keep in my first floor and still hook up. I can't find anything in the consumer realm. Does anybody know of a way?

DLNA sharing doesn't allow apps like Audible to connect so that doesn't seem like an option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-11-2013, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Not from within any app can you do it so far. Android doesn't have any air-share API that I'm aware of, and until then you won't be able to push content around from within an app

What I use to accomplish a similar feat, is XBMC with the Yatse app. Android will see the Yatse widget as an optional A/V player, so when you click a link from either google search or the browser you'll be given the option to (Play in Youtube, Play in XBMC (Yatse), or Play in MXVideo Player) that's for video

I'd have to check if links from the Audible site prompt with the option to play in XBMC, but it's the only option I can think of. XBMC is an airplay target, so you can accomplish this a little easier with iOS devices. I typically use it for youtube, so it works fine for me with Android
post #3 of 3 Old 01-11-2013, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I don't know what google is waiting for. This feature seems like a no-brainer. From what I read from the folks at Amoeba (Airfoil) is that there is no way to hi-jack the audio.

Bluetooth would be perfect if only I had the range. In my limited searching it seems like the S3 is known for bad range compared to other phones. That is why I was hoping someone had a repeater which again didn't seem like a big deal until I went searching for one.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page