Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-14-2013, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter
dpn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a couple of questions...

MakeMKV - after running MakeMKV, and choosing the correct TITLE, various AUDIO possibilities are listed, although not all are "checked". Am I correct is assuming that even though a particular audio option is not "checked" the option is still available, and if I DO check it that will be included in the MKV container? I have a 7.1 speaker layout and want the best audio selection available. Should I check them all?

Small PC Monitor - I want to be able to work on my HTPC without firing up my projector. I would like a smallish (7"-10") monitor to use for that purpose. Any good recommendations? I can ouput VGA, DVI-I, or HDMI.

Remote access of HTPC - I have my HTPC in my theater, and would like to be able to access and add files from a different PC (still located in my home). Both PCs run Windows 7 Home Premium which doesn't allow use of Remote Desktop Connection. What are my alternatives? Upgrade one OS to Professional? Use VNC?

Thanks for your advice. I HAVE searched the Forum and didn't find exactly what I needed.

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Yes, Check the HD Audio.

Solve 3 and you can remote in to your HTPC and don't need another monitor for almost all maintenance duties.

http://www.missingremote.com/guide/how-enable-concurrent-sessions-windows-7-service-pack-1-beta

post #3 of 3 Old 01-15-2013, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter
dpn

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks. I wasn't sure if the "unchecked" items in MakeMKV were available.

Yeah, if I can figure out a simple way to gain remote access of my "HTPC" from my "Upstairs PC" then I won't need a small HTPC monitor, but I'm not there yet!

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

Yes, Check the HD Audio.

Solve 3 and you can remote in to your HTPC and don't need another monitor for almost all maintenance duties.

http://www.missingremote.com/guide/how-enable-concurrent-sessions-windows-7-service-pack-1-beta
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page