adjusting the scan on my HDTV - losing the pixels off the backporch (the left) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-18-2013, 04:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This question may be impossible, and I just may need to live with it, because of my setup. There is another thread, where I went through my long list of failures and finally success of setting it up. However: I have one more tiny problem. I'm losing a couple pixels off the left side.

A quick overview of my situation: HTPC is hooked up VGA to a monoprice amplifier splitter which then goes to two components: 1) a 1080p monitor 2) the HDTV
there is a 75ft VGA cable that goes out to the living room and then is converted to HDMI and hooked into the TV. - It works... but the problem above.

The bedroom monitor/TV is mimicked on the TV in the livingroom. The EDID is scanned as the Monitor a Samsung.

I have the HDTV set on 'No Overscan' - There seems to be no other settings to adjust the picture position. However I was wondering of I could use Nvidia's control panel, or perhaps a 'custom resolution' to get the backporch moved ever so slightly. I did read a little about this stuff. But couldn't find a good link, or instructions.

When running video, you don't notice it. But when I ran something that was 'fit-to-screen', where you could see the bars on the edges, i couldn't see the left bar.

thankx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-18-2013, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

see this guys forum link: Post #20 http://www.avsforum.com/t/1029456/new-nvidia-drivers-forceware-175-16-finally-offer-custom-resolutions-timings
post #3 of 3 Old 01-18-2013, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

success!!! - I changed the 'Horizontal Front Porch' from 88 to 84 (just a guess)... and wallah! On my HDTV I can now see the edge on the left.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page