Windows resizing issue when switching from zone 1 to zone 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-20-2013, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have an HTPC running Windows 7 Ultimate that's connected to my Onkyo TX-SR605 via HDMI with a Monoprice 5557 switch. I got the switch so that I could switch between my receiver's zone 1 and zone 2. Zone 1 is HDMI and zone 2 is analog. I have the zones set up on the receiver to be independent of each other; when zone 1 is on, zone 2 is off and vice versa.

When I switch from zone 1 to zone 2, it works fine. However, when I switch back, from zone 2 to zone 1, it "minimizes" all the windows on my computer, meaning they're smaller than normal but not totally minimized. To maximize them, I have to hit the maximize button twice. The first time I hit it, the window gets slightly larger; the second time, it maximizes.

I asked Monoprice if this is normal behavior for this switch and they said it's a Windows issue, that "when going back from the analog to the digital, it's just causing a new connection with the PC which causes it's (sic) video to change." Anybody got any ideas? Why wouldn't it reset to the default setting, which is to maximize the windows?

Thanks in advance,

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-23-2013, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anybody?
post #3 of 3 Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
When windows loses connectivity to monitors it resizes to 1024x768. There is a registry entry you can change somewhere to fix this, don't remember where sorry.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page