HDTV TCL L42FHDE30 - Complicated Connection - Particular Grey color didn't make it? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-23-2013, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know weird subject line) My picture looks great when running video, but I'm a perfection-ist. (when it comes to technology...) If you've read my previous threads.

Quick overview: (don't ask, it comes from already spending money and time, and not wanting undu)
I'm the guy that has a HTPC with VGA out that goes to a Amplifier splitter: This goes to two devices. 1 a 1080p monitor (near the computer). 2 a HDTV in the living room after a 75ft cable. I had poor results connecting to the TV with the VGA, so I found a way to convert to HDMI at the end of the cable. So it plugs into the TV HDMI. The EDID is set to the Samsung monitor near the computer. There was another thread where I found the 'scan' on the TV off center just a couple of pixels on the lett side. I fixed this with a 'custom resolution' - adjusting the 'horizontal front porch' down 4pixels (allowed the edge of the screen to be visible).

Now the question/problem:

I was projecting a webpage in Chrome: On my monitor in the back. I could clearly see that there was a grey background behind the text. On the HDTV I could not reveal this particular background color. Note: it is not all grey that is hidden, just this particular one (so far). No setting I tried fixed it. ... I could see a slight haze (but it doesn't even look grey)... Everything else in the picture comes out perfect. But I can't reveal this grey. It could very well be the TV. I tried to look up complaints about the L42FHDE30. I tried all manner of playing around with the contrast and brightness. Color and tint... 'color temperature' - I was wondering, since I already have a 'custom resolution',

if there was anything I could do with the Nvidia control panel again? - this time I should prolly just live with it, shouldn't I? I'm striving for perfection, but already have good enough (with my macguiver setup).

I guess it is not exactly grey: Here is a sample (I blocked out the copyright parts)

Tags
Tcl 42 Inch Lcd Hdtv L42fhde30