Flash problems with youtube and nhl gamecenter live - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-23-2013, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. Watching anything above 480p on youtube causes choppy video, the higher the resolution, the more choppy. This happens with both of my htpcs. One is an i3 one is an i5. Both I'd say are equally choppy. They are both using the integrated graphics. I've had this problem for a long time, but didnt really care because I use them to watch blu rays, mkvs, etc mostly. They work flawlessly for that. But I recently got nhl gamecenter live and the problem is there too. It works fine on my desktop which has an i7 and a 400 dollar video card.
Both htpcs also have 4gigs of ram. I've tried everything I can find from the web, disabling hw acceleration, upgrading flash, downgrading flash, disabling aero.

Is the i3 and i5 hd2000/3000 integrated graphics just not powerful enough for hd flash? The CPU and gpu are both well below 20% when the videos choppy.

Any help would be appreciated I'm at my wits end with this. I'm thinking of buying a beefy graphics card just to see if that makes a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-23-2013, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Hmm, if blu-rays play fine, then it's not your video card. An i5 should definitely be powerful enough, an i3 may be pushing it, but should do fine.

What kind of internet connection are you using?
post #3 of 5 Old 01-24-2013, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I get around 15 megabit. Flash plays fine on my desktop that has a beefy processor and graphics card.

I'm really considering just making a backup, and then wiping windows and starting over... I really don't want to do that though. It's annoying watchign hockey choppy though.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-20-2013, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I am still having this problem, but now that I have netflix, it is also horribly choppy as well. I got around my major problem with gamecenter live by using an XBMC plugin for it, and its super smooth using that, and youtube is smooth in the XBMC plugin as well. netflix is super smooth on my apple tv and my ipad, but horribly choppy in WMC...

So basically anything played natively in any web browser, or WMC is choppy.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-20-2013, 06:00 PM

Liked: 11
I had problems on my laptop a while back, but in addition to choppy video I was getting crackles and pops in the audio. It was driver problems causing dpc latency, primarily the NIC when using wireless.

Doesn't really sound like your problem, but still could maybe be driver related? Are you getting any errors or warnings in event viewer?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page