Vector adaptive deinterlacing - ATI HD 6XXX - confused with 1080i/p etc - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-28-2013, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All,

I have an ATI 6450 (fanless gigabyte model) in my Core i5 media center. I have my desktop set to 1080P all the time at 60hz, and color range set to full RGB (my Sony TV can accept this and I have it set for full RGB under HDMI settings).

I primarly watch live and recorded TV with my Ceton card and 1080P MKV movies (Blu Ray rips).

Within the ATI catalyst settings I normally leave everything in the video quality section (Enforce smooth video playback and automatic deinterlacing).

Recently I have been trying to experiment trying to force vector adapative deinterlacing. Everytime I enable this setting I start to get frame drops on live TV content etc..(all other settings on the quality screen are disabled, I just move the slider to vector adaptive)

My question is, since I am in 1080P all the time do I need to be concerned? What happens to the cable tv signals that I know are being broadcast in 720P and 1080i when I have my media center set for 1080p?

The reason for my confustion is when testing with cheese slices 1080i video, I can see jagged lines on the streamer on the bottom.

The 1080p cheese slices look perfect.

Does anyone have a similar configuration with the 6450 card? What do you do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-28-2013, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
The 6450 might not have enough oomph to deinterlace 1080i with other enhancements turned on. The enforce smooth playback option will internally disable certain features if deinterlacing is required.

So when you want to play with deinterlacing options your best bet is to disable all enhancements and only play with the deinterlace slider. You could then potentially start adding back in other enhancements as needed or desired. You will hit a breaking point where you will start to see stutter again.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-29-2013, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, I just ordered an Asus 7750 fanless. This should have enough power, I hope.

I want to have this setup in time for super bowl smile.gif
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page