No Video or Audio from PC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-29-2013, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Lurker, but first time poster here. I haven't been able to find a solution to this problem via searching.

I recently bought a Panasonic plasma TV (TC-P55ST50) and am attempting to use it as an additional display via HDMI. The PC display is a Samsung LCD via DVI. I also have a Yamaha RX-V573 receiver which I'd like to use as the pass through. I'm using Windows 7 and an ASUS Nvidia GTX 550 graphics card as the display/audio output. The drivers are up to date via the ASUS website, but can't recall which version. Even though there is a slightly newer driver on the Nvidia site, I've avoided it because it fails to install.

In both the Nvidia and Windows control panels I can see the Yamaha as an additional display and if I turn off ARC, I can see the Panasonic as an additional display. The problem is that the television says there is no signal. I've tried playing with the resolutions, both matching them and using the native resolution for each. Also have tried disconnecting the DVI with the smaller display.

One thing I have not tried is moving the PC closer to the television. I will likely try it this evening. I think the connections are all good though since the PC recognizes the new display, but the HDMI connection is over some distance since the PC is in another room. 65 feet via two wall plate couplers, specifically. Any chance the distance or couplers could be an issue?

Thanks for any input. Let me know if more information is needed.

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-29-2013, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
65 feet via two wall plate couplers, specifically. Any chance the distance or couplers could be an issue?

65 feet is quite a run for hdmi, I wouldn't doubt that's your problem.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-29-2013, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks. I can probably cut down some of the length by getting rid of the coupler wall plates and using bulk cable wall plates and a single cable if needed.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page