Forum Jump: 

Old 01-30-2013, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I've got my my HTPC (Nvidia GT 630) hooked to my AVR via an HDMI cable. I start a ripped Bluray movie (mkv) with DTS-HD audio and all is well. I can see and hear the movie and my avr reports HD audio. Now I switch the avr to another input. Then I switch the avr back to the HTPC. I can no longer hear any sound. The movie is still playing but there is no sound. The avr no longer reports any specific audio being received. If I stop and restart the movie, the sound is back. Without changing anything else, if I stop the movie, open WMP and play a song, the sound comes through so I think the avr is acting properly and windows is still using the correct sound device and I figure the problem must be with MPC stopping the HD audio bitstreaming when the avr is no longer on that input but never restarts the bitstreaming when the avr becomes the input again. I've watched the Nvidia control panel while doing this and HDCP between the HTPC and the avr is never broken.

I've followed the MPC setup guide. I'm hoping I missed something and this is not just nature of the beast.

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nevermind.

I'm pretty sure the problem is the avr resyncing to the pc signal after the switch back.. I'm not sure how I'm going to solve that but at least I think I know the cause and it doesn't appear to be settings in MPC.

Bob