Emptying the "ehome" directory - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-30-2013, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My Windows Media Center music folder shows a large percentage of my music as duplicates. The physical file, though, is not duplicated. There is only one physical file. Yet, in WMC, two "copies" of it will appear, and both will play.

Using 'the Google', I have found a number of hits that suggest this can be rectified by deleting a file in the 'ehome' directory (for vista, the file name is often referenced as "mediacenterdatastore.db". I've heard this file is named something else for Windows 7 (which is what I'm operating).

I'm just looking for a little confirmation/reassurance from the board before I go in there and start deleting files. Will WMC essentially re-inventory once this file is deleted, and this is a simple/quick fix? Or am I likely to destroy many of my configurations and settings?

The same music source is referenced for iTunes and my iPhone. I'm hoping to just clean up my WMC interface without *breaking* anything. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-30-2013, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Go into Windows Media Player and rebuild your library there. Let it WMP re-discover your music. All will be well.

EZed
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page