Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 104 Old 04-03-2013, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjb View Post

I am suddenly more interested in TMT6 now that AnyDVD disables Cinavia detection. Looking at the Arcsoft site, it looks like the only new feature is Windows 8 support with a more modern UI when Metro is enabled. Is that really the only change? If so, no wonder the upgrade is only $9.99.

Has anyone used the new interface in Win8 yet? Is it nice?

I have it - supposedly it also fixes issues with Fox studio disc menus that occurred before in TMT5 (I never experienced it - just going off what users reported). I've used the Metro app - it is what it is. It's more simplified/less settings than the desktop version, like what the WMC version is. But it works. For what it's worth, it's also not a true Metro app. Just a desktop app designed with a Metro interface - like the WMC version isn't a true WMC plugin - just launches a player with a WMC style interface.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 104 Old 04-03-2013, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Mudder View Post

If these HD-DVD's are stored on a hard drive why not just convert them to BluRay folders and be done with it??????

I have like 500 of those discs (1200+ if counting BD as well) so really don't want to spend a life time copy to harddisk and convert them all. Not to mention the number of hard drive I need no matter how cheap. I have done many to mkv in the past but I am more than happy to simply DL now. I just found out I can playback the evo files in potplayer so I guess I will be done with it in the future.
post #93 of 104 Old 04-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterho3 View Post

HDDVD on both TMT3/5 stutter badly even with AnydvdHD while the 5 years old PDVD7 and TMT2 are smooth as silk. I start my desktop with 23Hz and TMT5 switch to 30Hz while TMT3 stay at 23Hz. I remember they are not that bad before installing TMT6 so it could play a part.

I understand official support for HDDVD was long gone but it is still there and it is the one reason I keep pumping money to their account. Bluray folder playback is the other, yet PDVD12 can do it now. If TMT totally drop HDDVD then there really is no reason for me to stay with it anymore, not to mention all the other problems I have like 3D not working, mkv clash....

I never had any problems with my HDDVDs with TMT3. Early versions of 5 were fine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Mudder View Post

If these HD-DVD's are stored on a hard drive why not just convert them to BluRay folders and be done with it??????

How do you convert an HD-DVD to a Blu-Ray? I understand ripping t MKV (which is what I have done with all mine), but that's a different animal.
post #94 of 104 Old 04-04-2013, 04:09 PM

Liked: 147
Warner Brothers has a program where you can send them the cover from your HD-DVD and they will send you a BluRay to replace it - for usually around $5 a pop. They also accept DVD covers and send you back BluRays. It is found here:

http://www.dvd2blu.com/

I traded in all my HD-DVDs (made by them, of course) for BluRays long ago.

EDIT: They now require you to mail them the physical disc instead of the cover.
post #95 of 104 Old 04-05-2013, 12:21 AM

I have convert HDDVD to Bluray folder using ClownBD in the past. May be there are better ways now but you certainly can try and see.

I suspect the stutter problem depends a lot on the system. I have no stutter with my 1280x768@60Hz LCD monitor via VGA but stutter badly with 1080p projector through hdmi or dvi.

Too bad the DVD2Blu exchange program does not apply to outside USA.
post #96 of 104 Old 04-13-2013, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
Longtime PowerDVD 8/9/10 user. Finally had to ditch PDVD 10 when a Windows 7 update seems to have irretrievably broken it. I was able to get TMT6 for $69.99 with a coupon. So far, I am really pleased with it. The learning curve was not too steep; many menus and so on are very similar to PDVD. I'm really enjoying the free TM Remote app on my Nexus 7 Android tablet; it allows transport control without throwing up distracting buttons on the screen. TMT6 seems to load Blu-rays a bit slower than PDVD 10, but I was pleasantly surprised that the PQ is better with TMT6; overall it is crisper and more detailed.

I was wondering if there is a "living room" menu option? Right now the program runs in a desktop mode, so it is hard to read the menus from a distance (I have a front projector).
post #97 of 104 Old 06-01-2013, 04:57 PM

Liked: 20
Have they sorted the lip sync issues in TMT6? I stopped using TMT5 and PowerDVD 12 because the lipsync was so bad I had to set my receiver delay to 250ms every time I played a blu-ray. SMedio WinDVD is the only player I can find that has perfect lip sync. There were actually a few problems with the initial SMedio version but I was in discussions with their support back in January and helped them troubleshoot a bug with HD audio passthrough which is fixed in the version that's out now and works very well indeed, except for playing 2.35:1 MKV's, which it stretches.

If you've bought the Corel version btw, the license appears to work on the SMedio trial version as well despite them trying to get you to "upgrade" on their site.
post #98 of 104 Old 06-01-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcD2K11 View Post

Have they sorted the lip sync issues in TMT6? I stopped using TMT5 and PowerDVD 12 because the lipsync was so bad I had to set my receiver delay to 250ms every time I played a blu-ray.

I have never had a lipsync problem. Most AVRs allow you to adjust the audio delay, though.
post #99 of 104 Old 06-03-2013, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcD2K11 View Post

Have they sorted the lip sync issues in TMT6? I stopped using TMT5 and PowerDVD 12 because the lipsync was so bad I had to set my receiver delay to 250ms every time I played a blu-ray. SMedio WinDVD is the only player I can find that has perfect lip sync. There were actually a few problems with the initial SMedio version but I was in discussions with their support back in January and helped them troubleshoot a bug with HD audio passthrough which is fixed in the version that's out now and works very well indeed, except for playing 2.35:1 MKV's, which it stretches.

If you've bought the Corel version btw, the license appears to work on the SMedio trial version as well despite them trying to get you to "upgrade" on their site.

I have never had an issue either. My delay is set the same for all devices hooked to the AVR, no problems.
post #100 of 104 Old 07-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is anyone seeing long boot up times or not loading at all on TMT6? I have the latest version 6.0.1.123 and it still takes a long time to open the program. I am running Win7 64-bit on a AMD A10-5800K. I read about a workaround and set TMT 6 to run in XP compatibility mode and that resolved my problem but I do not think that should resolve it.
post #101 of 104 Old 07-26-2013, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
I had that happen once. I'm running Win 7 64-bit Home Premium on a Sandybridge Core i7. I uninstalled and re-installed the program and it seemed to resolve the issue. I'm not expert but my theory is that the old install wasn't playing well with video/audio driver updates.
post #102 of 104 Old 08-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks for the info. Guess I will go ahead and update my drivers and such and re-install the program. Hopefully that should work.
post #103 of 104 Old 08-07-2013, 05:25 PM

I saw where someone was using TMT3 for BR rips and TMT6 for discs; is there a reason why you wouldn't use TMT6 for everything? I tried TMT6 but I can't play back any BR rips, ISO or folder. It goes black and then reverts back to Media Center. They play OK in PowerDVD 13. I was hoping to move to TMT for BR's, both disc and rips but it doesn't look like I'll be able to.

And what is Smedio WinDVD?
post #104 of 104 Old 08-07-2013, 09:05 PM

Depending on the version of TMT6 you have, you will be hit with Cinavia when playing the BR rips. Of course, the newest AnyDVD HD helps take care of that.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page