AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post

Holy smokes, I don't know how this has been off my radar all this time

Do you use this lockdown? Any conflicts with a mysql synced library?

I switched completely to Plex HT. However, I have tested PleXBMC and it works quite well. He even created an add-on that lets you control it via your Plex Android/iOS app. The major limitation is that a skin has to be modified if you want to full integrate your Plex library into XBMC. The skin he has modified himself (Quartz) is quite nice though. It will not conflict with your mysql library at all. In fact, in the Quartz skin it's super simple to switch between your normal XBMC library and Plexbmc.

The only other limitation I found is that not all the Plex channels work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 02-04-2013, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdown571 View Post

I switched completely to Plex HT. However, I have tested PleXBMC and it works quite well. He even created an add-on that lets you control it via your Plex Android/iOS app. The major limitation is that a skin has to be modified if you want to full integrate your Plex library into XBMC. The skin he has modified himself (Quartz) is quite nice though. It will not conflict with your mysql library at all. In fact, in the Quartz skin it's super simple to switch between your normal XBMC library and Plexbmc

Now I read further and understand smile.gif I first thought this was a slick addon way of removing my need to install PMS and XBMC, but both are required
post #33 of 42 Old 02-12-2013, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have any of you tried DVDFab Media Player? Apparently it's another XBMC offshoot but it offers impressive playback options. It allows you to play Bluray 3D ISO's and even gets you through Cinavia protected files. I've been looking for the last three days for a one-app-plays-all media player, but none compare to XBMC aesthetically, but I don't like having to launch an external player for 3D. I don't want to rip them to half SBS/OU format, nor lose audio quality. Any feedback on this media player? Is it customizable like XBMC?
post #34 of 42 Old 02-13-2013, 12:59 AM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

Have any of you tried DVDFab Media Player? Apparently it's another XBMC offshoot but it offers impressive playback options. It allows you to play Bluray 3D ISO's and even gets you through Cinavia protected files. I've been looking for the last three days for a one-app-plays-all media player, but none compare to XBMC aesthetically, but I don't like having to launch an external player for 3D. I don't want to rip them to half SBS/OU format, nor lose audio quality. Any feedback on this media player? Is it customizable like XBMC?

It works to some extent, but its very buggy and although some menus work, a lot either lock up or don't work at all.
It is based on XBMC 12 (It used there source code)

In its current state I would not recommend it.

Its not customizable and it doesn't work with 3D yet, if you are looking for an all in one app this isn't anywhere good enough yet, Blu-ray playback is nowhere near even old versions of TMT/PowerDVD.
post #35 of 42 Old 02-13-2013, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejh1987 View Post

It works to some extent, but its very buggy and although some menus work, a lot either lock up or don't work at all.
It is based on XBMC 12 (It used there source code)

In its current state I would not recommend it.

Its not customizable and it doesn't work with 3D yet, if you are looking for an all in one app this isn't anywhere good enough yet, Blu-ray playback is nowhere near even old versions of TMT/PowerDVD.

Bah, ok. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll be using XBMC and launching 3D on an external player. May even just use my 3D Bluray player for the occasional 3D movie. Is it possible to get 1080/24p 2D from PC through my GTX680? On my phone now, I'll have to look it up when I get off.

Thanks
post #36 of 42 Old 02-13-2013, 06:17 AM

I'm using My Movies 4.05 PR4 with all ripped to iso. I don't care about menus -all I want to do is click play and watch a movie.
I use PowerDVD v12. Everything works perfectly inside Windows 7 x64 Professional.
Am I missing something here? What advantage would converting all my rips (half of them BlueRay) to mkv?
post #37 of 42 Old 02-13-2013, 07:23 AM

The advantage to MKV is it is compatible with more devices, and since you have only the main movie inside the MKV you don't get any of the junk - Trailers/Warnings etc.
post #38 of 42 Old 02-13-2013, 07:34 AM

But I rip all of that out with ClownBD anyway. What I'm trying to work out now, (my project) is how to migrate away from commercial player like PowerDVD and incorporate
another external player into MyMovies. Just to get away from Cinavia and the like.
I don't know how to do that yet. I have the contribution points though.
post #39 of 42 Old 02-13-2013, 08:31 AM

I'm curious about movie playback using an external USB HDD directly to the tv. If it will play regular 2D movies from an external will it play 3D also? Tv in question is an ES or F series Samsung. Ifso, what format would the Bluray 3D rip have to be in?
post #40 of 42 Old 02-13-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer1977 View Post

But I rip all of that out with ClownBD anyway. What I'm trying to work out now, (my project) is how to migrate away from commercial player like PowerDVD and incorporate
another external player into MyMovies. Just to get away from Cinavia and the like.
I don't know how to do that yet. I have the contribution points though.

You could use an external player like MPC-HC, it will play your BD ISO's (Need to be mounted first) and it will play the main movie. No Cinavia either.
post #41 of 42 Old 02-13-2013, 02:28 PM

Thanks. I hope there is a way to integrate that into MyMovies.
post #42 of 42 Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 72
AFAIR the option is there, providing you have sufficient points to enable it.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page