Media Browser 3 is coming!! - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #811 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Ah, Mfusick, looks like you're ignoring the green restart button otherwise this video could have been done with a newer build. it's a bit more minimalist to really focus on the artwork.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 01:23 PM

Looks like y ou have a lot of bad movies according to rotten tomatoes smile.gif
post #813 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 01:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemb View Post

Ah, Mfusick, looks like you're ignoring the green restart button otherwise this video could have been done with a newer build. it's a bit more minimalist to really focus on the artwork.

This is old build ?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #814 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Wreck it Ralph is similar to Just Go With It and Prometheus is similar to Titanic biggrin.gif

I still see Plex running in the system tray as well?? How does it compare for transcoding?

What do some of the full "movies" views look like? Is there some sort of turbo-scroll overlay for navigating large collections?
post #815 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post

Wreck it Ralph is similar to Just Go With It and Prometheus is similar to Titanic biggrin.gif

I still see Plex running in the system tray as well?? How does it compare for transcoding?

What do some of the full "movies" views look like? Is there some sort of turbo-scroll overlay for navigating large collections?

not yet, it's early. but it will.
post #816 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 01:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Looks like y ou have a lot of bad movies according to rotten tomatoes smile.gif

Lol. I am not sure how I feel about that plugin. I don't really pay much attention to it myself. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post

I only had a "demo" folder with some stuff in it. I just picked a random pish posh of whatever... Like I said I deleted my normal "real" media library because it's large and I would get lost more easily. I just wanted to go through the basics on a couple titles. I think it's an effect where MB just simply didn't have much else to recommend ... lol.

On my full media library the "similar" actually works really well. As does the actors and cast- where I can see 20 other movies some actor or actress are also in that I have in my library. But I just wanted a simple demo here. I can redo another I guess. But later. I am taking wifey on date night to see IMAX 3D hunger games.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #817 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Thanks for that, I found it interesting as well as giving me a better perspective on why you like it so much. And helped cement my decision on what to use.
post #818 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 01:32 PM

You could have saved your money by clicking on "Date Night" in MBT, which shows up on friday and saturday nights
post #819 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:

not yet, it's early. but it will.

I assume you intended that for the turbo-scroll question for navigating large collections. Fantastic!
post #820 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 01:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

You could have saved your money by clicking on "Date Night" in MBT, which shows up on friday and saturday nights

Cheaper than a $16 IMAX ticket for sure... biggrin.gif

-

post #821 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Are the video backdrops just the trailers or is that something else you have to download

Does MB Intros work the MBT yet?

Still deciding if I want to install. I am guessing I have to get rid of my current MB2 and what about the Shark Codec Pack I have installed.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #822 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I am pretty sure MB theater can coexist with MB2. Although I have moved from MB2 to MB3 classic (still integrated into WMC) and like MB3 classic much more. The client / server setup is really nice. I plan on messing with MBT soon.

post #823 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
I am testing it out on my office PC right now because it is still in "alpha". Just like I did with MBC I will roll it to the HTPC when it is more polished but MBC sure is a slick product in its own right.

IIR, MBT removed MBC upon installation on my PC.

My PC hosts the server BTW. Much nicer to configure the server in my office chair than on my couch.

post #824 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

I downloaded MBT but haven't installed it yet. After hearing this I don't think I will install it. I need classic for my extenders.
post #825 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post

Quote:

I downloaded MBT but haven't installed it yet. After hearing this I don't think I will install it. I need classic for my extenders.

I think I'm mistaken here. It was MBC that removed MB2.6.

post #826 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 50
i have my xbmc setup perfectly with all metadata exported to their own folders. reinstalling is easy using the exported files even if i didnt save the xbmc library.

i do want to check out MBT though. would any file or folder structures be changed by installing mbs and mbt in case i want to uninstall and stick with xbmc for now?

note: the post above is my opinion. as such, when reading any recommendations from me, please do you research and seek out other recommendations and make up your own mind on your next course of action. i mean, most reasonable adults should know that, but it seems this should be stated anyways.
post #827 of 1446 Old 11-22-2013, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think I'm mistaken here. It was MBC that removed MB2.6.
I think I had to install MB Classic to get Media Browser to work on the extenders after I replaced MB2 with MB3 server. Does that sound right?
post #828 of 1446 Old 11-23-2013, 01:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliaskary77 View Post

i have my xbmc setup perfectly with all metadata exported to their own folders. reinstalling is easy using the exported files even if i didnt save the xbmc library.

i do want to check out MBT though. would any file or folder structures be changed by installing mbs and mbt in case i want to uninstall and stick with xbmc for now?

Not in my experience - they have different metadata structures and naming conventions. For added piece of mind you can run MB3 without saving the metadata to the individual folders (setting in MB3 dashboard), lthough as you found out with xbmc, it saves time on re-scrapes. The only difference is that MB3 requires a Season folder in TV Shows, whereas xbmc doesn't.
post #829 of 1446 Old 11-23-2013, 01:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

Yes. It works great for me. biggrin.gif
Yup I reposted it sorry... See below

For those of you that are interested:

I am working on posting a few demo videos of mine if you guys want to see this bad boy in action. Live video backdrops really make a difference. Keep in mind this is far from a complete project and there is still lots coming in the way of refinements, themes and skins, plugins and such.

Here is a quick one I just launched:

Here is another: #2

Just a showcase of the live video backdrop options. biggrin.gif

I can do a TV series demo too if you guys want to see it.

Just a quick suggestion - if your going to showcase the product, drop the mouse click (if that is what it is?) and use a remote lol drives me nuts.
StinDaWg and Dark_Slayer like this.
post #830 of 1446 Old 11-23-2013, 03:16 AM

Liked: 30
Is there any way to force MB server configuration to use a particular browser when you open it?

My reason: I use Firefox as my default browser. However, to save on my limited bandwidth allowance I have the image downloads turned off. Thanks toa particularly dumbass decision by Mozilla a few versions back, this is no longer a simple options menu check, but instead you have to manually edit Firefoxs' internal "registry" of settings (as it were). So there is now now no simple and quick way to turn it back on,nor is there a "download images for this page" button. (Thanks a bunch Mozilla)

Of course, some sites are just unusable without the megabytes of pretty pictures downloading, for those I just use Chrome (which is set allow image downloading)

The problem is, MB Server uses a browser, and of course, the buttons are all images, so they are unusable in my Firefox.

I keep having to swtich default browser back and forth.

Also, Chrome seems finicky. I often disconnect my PC from the net. MB Server configure runs fine "offline" in Firefox (but with the above problem), but in Chrome I just get a page with a few lines of text and a "restart Server" button. It's OK when PC is connect to the internet, but why should that be required to work properly?

Turning oiff auto image loading may seem odd, but it saves a load of bandwidth as well as getting rid of what are very often just adverts anyway.

I found my net useage about halved once I got rid of the mostly useless eye candy, and stayed easily in my allowance, whereas before I was always bumping near the limits at the end of each month.
post #831 of 1446 Old 11-23-2013, 03:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

Not in my experience - they have different metadata structures and naming conventions. For added piece of mind you can run MB3 without saving the metadata to the individual folders (setting in MB3 dashboard), lthough as you found out with xbmc, it saves time on re-scrapes. The only difference is that MB3 requires a Season folder in TV Shows, whereas xbmc doesn't.

Thanks. I do have the TV shows structured in Season folders to keep me sane.
will try this puppy out!

note: the post above is my opinion. as such, when reading any recommendations from me, please do you research and seek out other recommendations and make up your own mind on your next course of action. i mean, most reasonable adults should know that, but it seems this should be stated anyways.
post #832 of 1446 Old 11-23-2013, 05:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Luke- I posted a suggestion in the MB3T developers forum about volume control on video backdrops and trailers. I'll be curious to hear others opinions

How did you enable video backdrops?

I have a slight audio/video sync issue that appears in MBT as well. I do not have the same issue with MBC and MPC-HC.

Any ideas?
post #833 of 1446 Old 11-23-2013, 05:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post

I have classic fully set up too. It works fine side by side with theater.

-

post #834 of 1446 Old 11-23-2013, 05:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

Just a quick suggestion - if your going to showcase the product, drop the mouse click (if that is what it is?) and use a remote lol drives me nuts.

Although I have it set up on my HTPC I used my desktop which doesn't have a remote. My HTPC in contrast doesn't have a keyboard and mouse ...

Sorry. Just easier to grab screen shots on my PC. You'll notice I launched from this thread, it was just a quick example. Certainly there is much improvement for everything ...

-

post #835 of 1446 Old 11-23-2013, 05:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slosvt View Post

How did you enable video backdrops?

I have a slight audio/video sync issue that appears in MBT as well. I do not have the same issue with MBC and MPC-HC.

Any ideas?

I also use those and haven't noticed any difference or problem with mb3t.

The reclock plugin or option setting would fix. Under player settings enable reclock. You must also download and install it.

ReClock is a DirectShow filter to enhance your video output with. This program synchronizes your video output according to your video card´s internal clock. This way, the frames will be displayed matching your video card´s vertical sync parameter. The audio output is also synchronized to the same speed.

I don't have any issues at all on either machine with audio sync or seem to need reclock.

Good ripped media is fine usually and often audio sync is troublesome on downloaded poorly ripped torrents. The quality of the material and the rip and the video file are usually the issues. In any event reclock could fix that.

Do you bitstream HD audio ? If so you will need to also copy paste the dtsdecoder.dll and hack to bitstream as dts and decode locally.

-

post #836 of 1446 Old 11-23-2013, 06:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Although I have it set up on my HTPC I used my desktop which doesn't have a remote. My HTPC in contrast doesn't have a keyboard and mouse ...

Sorry. Just easier to grab screen shots on my PC. You'll notice I launched from this thread, it was just a quick example. Certainly there is much improvement for everything ...

No apology necessary - just turn of the f...n mouse sounds smile.gif
post #837 of 1446 Old 11-23-2013, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

I also use those and haven't noticed any difference or problem with mb3t.

The reclock plugin or option setting would fix. Under player settings enable reclock. You must also download and install it.

ReClock is a DirectShow filter to enhance your video output with. This program synchronizes your video output according to your video card´s internal clock. This way, the frames will be displayed matching your video card´s vertical sync parameter. The audio output is also synchronized to the same speed.

I don't have any issues at all on either machine with audio sync or seem to need reclock.

Good ripped media is fine usually and often audio sync is troublesome on downloaded poorly ripped torrents. The quality of the material and the rip and the video file are usually the issues. In any event reclock could fix that.

Do you bitstream HD audio ? If so you will need to also copy paste the dtsdecoder.dll and hack to bitstream as dts and decode locally.

It's not a problem with the source file. I guess I'll add a video card to my pc... That or build a new HTPC with a better processor, so it can transcode for my 360's.
post #838 of 1446 Old 11-23-2013, 01:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slosvt View Post

It's not a problem with the source file. I guess I'll add a video card to my pc... That or build a new HTPC with a better processor, so it can transcode for my 360's.

Do you have a problem video file you want to share ? I can try it on my end see if it plays well or not ?

I could give you a small one I know to play well too... Even just a trailer or backdrop or short episode. It could be your PC- it could be the file, or it could be the player. I don't believe MB3T would be any better or worse than say MPC-HC, VLC, XBMC, WMC or whatever... If you are having trouble only with MB3T then there is a problem. One or two videos might not be too big a deal, but universally across your library then something is installed wrong or set up wrong I would guess.

-

post #839 of 1446 Old 11-23-2013, 01:54 PM

Liked: 30
Can anyone tell me the download size of Media Browser Server?

I just installed it, checked my ISP and found it had eaten up 10% of my monthly bandwidth allowance. That's about 200Mb.

It downloaded the Visual C stuff and.NET 4.5, but TBH I have had my suspiscions about the accuracy of my ISP's useage monitoring for quite some time now, I suspect they are trying to push people off the "Lite" which I'm on (and which is free, if you are with the same provider for phone calls and TV subscription) and onto the charged "Unlimited" package (which has no caps)

My line isn't that fast and I find it extremely hard to believe it actually downloaded 200Mb in such a short time, the whole install only took a few minutes. IIRC parts were downloaded from Microsoft themselves I I never get stuff fast from them.

THis is, incidentally, exactly the reason I wish th eprocess wa smore controllable. By all means provide the one-click installer, but I'd be much happier if there was a bunch of links provided so that you could downloaded the required elements individually.

If I;d done this at the end of the month I'd have massively overshot my allowance and ended up on a year-long contract for the charged broadband package.,
post #840 of 1446 Old 11-23-2013, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have classic fully set up too. It works fine side by side with theater.
Thanks.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Mediabrowser , Mediabrowser 3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page