10Likes

post #901 of 1446 Old 11-27-2013, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls View Post

i do use the season folder when there's too many episodes, i was pointing out where the scraper didnt work for me
the only thing i do is making sure- the TV show name or Movie names correspond to those in tvdb/moviedb
when i had time i would use a tv show renamer to get episode names into the filename, but nowadays using the number ex 213, 310, 323, 718 seems to be enough for -the-other-scraper-

We have just added support for the numbering convention "XX Title". We can look at adding "SXX Title". For example, "101 Title". But keep in mind in all of our conventions we don't need the episode name in the file name either. We just need a number and then our metadata fetching can take it from there.
bulls and steelman1991 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1446 Old 11-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

I will bump you so you don't get lost biggrin.gif I agree with you as well...

Thanks Mfusick smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

Just tried this Vlad and it continues to support the labelling as you described, does not affect the scrape.

Thanks steelman1991 smile.gif

AVS is the best AV forum on the web biggrin.gif

post #903 of 1446 Old 11-27-2013, 11:07 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemb View Post

Android is now available in the amazon store:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GVH9O0I

Minimum Operating System: Android 4.0

I am not sure how the above requirements translate to the various Kindle versions. My kids have the original Kindle Fire, so I want to know if it will run on that.

Thanks.

Mark
post #904 of 1446 Old 11-27-2013, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I have been using the method for season as this homeland.s01e15.mkv
post #905 of 1446 Old 11-27-2013, 11:15 AM

Quick live tv preview. We will have at least one back-end (next pvr), and I'm working on securing committments from developers to get us two more, for a total of three options.

Watch tv and/or manage everything from the web client - recordings, timer schedules, images, etc. The web client gets it all first and then our other ui developers will roll it out after that.

mariob33 likes this.
post #906 of 1446 Old 11-27-2013, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys, I am looking for some help here.

Had MBT working and played a movie for the first time and it froze with black and white lines all over the screen. So I un-installed and tried again.

Now I am stuck with the "Mediabrowser" black square that had my "sign in" picture but is now blank and none of the buttons are responsive in the upper right hand side.

Uninstalled and tried again and same thing, can't get pat that screen after I reinstalled and tried to reset.

Any help?

Onkyo 818, Emotiva Amp
B&W CT700 Series Speakers, (2) PowerSound Audio XS30s
Custom HTPC running Mediabrowser, 12TB Server for storage
post #907 of 1446 Old 11-27-2013, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:

Quick live tv preview. We will have at least one back-end (next pvr), and I'm working on securing committments from developers to get us two more, for a total of three options.

Watch tv and/or manage everything from the web client - recordings, timer schedules, images, etc. The web client gets it all first and then our other ui developers will roll it out after that.

Wow! Didn't know you were this far along with the TV functionality. Looks great!

Have you looked into a WMC plug-in a la the plug-in for XBMC? That one works very well.
post #908 of 1446 Old 11-27-2013, 01:50 PM

Liked: 16
I was wondering if MB3 classic & server are still in beta testing or ready for prime time? The MB3 webpage makes it seem like all systems are go, but reading this thread it sounds like it's still in beta testing. Is there a thread that shows a changelog or what is working, what isn't? I'm trying to gather the information here, but after 900+ replies, it's getting daunting on what still needs fixing.

I'm looking to upgrade my HTPC from v2.6 but don't want there to be any hiccups.
post #909 of 1446 Old 11-27-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 260
I've been using mb3 beta for a few months now, haven't run into any problems.
post #910 of 1446 Old 11-27-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott750 View Post

I was wondering if MB3 classic & server are still in beta testing or ready for prime time? The MB3 webpage makes it seem like all systems are go, but reading this thread it sounds like it's still in beta testing. Is there a thread that shows a changelog or what is working, what isn't? I'm trying to gather the information here, but after 900+ replies, it's getting daunting on what still needs fixing.

I'm looking to upgrade my HTPC from v2.6 but don't want there to be any hiccups.

We've taken the google approach. Remember how long they had the beta tag on gmail. Not saying it will be that long for us, but it will remain called a beta until we're comfortable taking the label off.
post #911 of 1446 Old 11-27-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdown571 View Post

Wow! Didn't know you were this far along with the TV functionality. Looks great!

Have you looked into a WMC plug-in a la the plug-in for XBMC? That one works very well.

Yea we'll have more info on the other back-ends soon.
post #912 of 1446 Old 11-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 63
so the tv is non drm though right??
post #913 of 1446 Old 11-27-2013, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
For some reason, I cannot see my Blu-ray TV show rips in Media Browser Theater. They show up fine in the HTML5 interface, but I get a blank page when I select the TV Show->Seasons->Season Number. Instead of a summary of the season and the list of discs (BDMV folders arranged in the proper format), the screen is blank, as if nothing was ever there!

Again, I can launch the discs fine through the web interface to Media Browser Server.

Any ideas? Maybe it's not implemented yet in MBT? Thanks!
post #914 of 1446 Old 11-27-2013, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:

He's probably noob like most XBMC noobs and doesn't understand season folders. XBMC was designed with the torrent downloaded in mind that just throws a bunch of random video files in a folder.

Mb3 and plex were designed for HTPC professionals that understand proper media management and organization .

Mb3 server is excellent and anyone who says otherwise is ignorant about such things.
Wow, this is one of the biggest B.S. fanboy type posts I've ever read on this forum. You are way out of line here. The fact of the matter is XBMC in it's current form is much better at scraping files that aren't in the perfect folder structure or format. For tv all it needs is the show folder and episode number in the file. For movies all it really needs is the title, the year is helpful but not really needed in most cases. Anything else can be written in the file, and any other supplemental files can be in the folder. It will either ignore them or you can tell it to ignore specific file extensions via advancedsettings.xml. I tried MB Server and it only picked up about 60% of my videos, where XBMC gets 99.99%.

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are so out of line with this topic it's not even funny, and I'm glad to see all the thumbs up in the previous posts in response to yours. I don't know why you keep preaching about having everything organized in perfect little folders and clean file names as being the "professional way". Sounds a bit OCD to me no? The fact of the matter is, in this scenario XBMC will scrape just as well if not better, but will also work if the media isn't organized in your "perfect" way. This is just a hobby we are talking about, not your personal medical records. I never even see the file names, they just show up in XBMC as the movie/tv show, so who cares what they are named? It's irrelevant if the scraper picks up the correct info.

MBT/MB3 doesn't have any where near the amount of customization ability that XBMC has, but I don't think that is really the intent of the devs either which is fine.

It's also hilarious that you mentioned Plex as being "designed for HTPC professionals" when it's just a fork of XBMC.
Quote:

There is no hope for an enlightened HTPC experience if you simply want to throw a bunch of files in a folder and let a scraper have it's way with it. While this can be supported, it's hardly worth anything for someone chasing the holy grail experience.
What in the world is this even supposed to mean?

Throwing thousands of files into a scraper and having it pick up and organize every single one of them into a coherent structure without having to do any more work sounds like a pretty good experience to me. I set all of this up to watch videos, not files sitting in a folder on my computer. tongue.gif

You need to let it go. Your way is not the "right way" because there is no "right way".
robnix, steelman1991 and rc05 like this.
post #915 of 1446 Old 11-28-2013, 06:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 913
Fair enough, I was too harsh; apologies to all.

I guess the real issue I'm having with this is that I believe media organization is really independent of your from end browser and I'm passionate about it because I believe it directly effects your end user experience (both good and bad)

I know that XBMC supports rather loose organization and for this many love it. But I'm really a fan of the MB way with folder structure. It's intelligent and simple and it makes sense. I can also do it on the end user level independent of any front end. I change and reinstall my OS too often, and I have too many machines and devices to want to tackle this on the user machine or inside my front end. I like to do this on my actual media server itself, and be able to easily visualize how it will be on the front end.

I'm a big fan of nested folders and collections. When you get a big media collection it's really the best way I have found to organize it. I've got a bunch of movies that I don't want to show on my top folder, but if I enter the collection then they all appear. It can help clean up and limit the number of titles that show on your top level collection. I'm guessing this is probably increasingly important as your media library grows.

The folder structure is intelligent to me because it makes a lot of sense and it's really easy to understand. I can (and do) organize my media on my workstation and store media on my server. I do the organization on a triple monitor workstation with high end mouse, pad, keyboard. It's got high level of control I appreciate. I couldn't imagine ever wanting to control my media organization from my front end (my HTPC doesn't even have mouse or traditional keyboard on it). If I went through all the trouble to do it on the HTPC or from the end user level only to have it disappear the next time I clean install, upgrade, or change my front end preference I'd be really upset too. That just doesn't seem like the right way to do it at all.

Even if I had no front end browsers (no XBMC, no plex, no MB) I'd still want my media stored and set up that way. I'm sorry I made it a biased rant against XBMC (and users ) when I really should have expressed my preference for media origination and left it at that.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #916 of 1446 Old 11-28-2013, 06:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

We have just added support for the numbering convention "XX Title". We can look at adding "SXX Title". For example, "101 Title". But keep in mind in all of our conventions we don't need the episode name in the file name either. We just need a number and then our metadata fetching can take it from there.

This is awesome Luke. I think supporting both is the best answer to please everyone.

Can I ask (since I don't use) will MB server scraper support placing a video file into a folder, naming it (or rename proper) and adding the art and meta data inside that folder ?

Have you approached or considered partnering with Peter from mediacentermaster for a paid plugin ?

I do all this stuff before MB ever sees my media on a scratch disk - and only add media that's complete to my collection but it sounds like many might appreciate a plugin to do this from inside the browser .. Idk ?? Just an idea ...

The MB server scraper is actually pretty good already so I'm not sure if there is room for another paid plugin ... But MCM does have some awesome features MB doesn't.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #917 of 1446 Old 11-28-2013, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Mod's edit - unnecessary post deleted.
Agreed, thank you for deleting
post #918 of 1446 Old 11-28-2013, 09:34 AM

No interest in partnering with an external metadata tool for a paid plugin. I'd like to keep our metadata management free and open source. Besides, we own our xml format now, so we drive the bus. I inform the developers of the external tools of new features and changes but I can't control whether they implement them or not, as well as how quickly they do so.
post #919 of 1446 Old 11-28-2013, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Does MB3 recognize XBMC nfo files? Or will my media all have to be re-scraped from the net for MB3 to obtain all the metadata?
post #920 of 1446 Old 11-28-2013, 10:06 AM

At this point we don't use nfo's as an input although that's something we can look into in the future perhaps. We do support NFO output though which means you can use MB3 to manage your xbmc metadata (including keeping the watched info up to date in the nfo's).

The trick about reading nfo's is that we have so much new data that supporting them may result in some loss of features. I guess we'll figure that out if we decide to support nfo reading.

However - we support all xbmc image conventions so even though we may have to re-fetch, we will be able to use your existing images.
post #921 of 1446 Old 11-28-2013, 04:05 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:

We've taken the google approach. Remember how long they had the beta tag on gmail. Not saying it will be that long for us, but it will remain called a beta until we're comfortable taking the label off.

Fair enough. But at what point would you recommend that the program is somewhat "stable". Reading the MB3 forums there's a bunch of issues being reported, but I'm not sure how critical a lot of them are.
post #922 of 1446 Old 11-28-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott750 View Post

Fair enough. But at what point would you recommend that the program is somewhat "stable". Reading the MB3 forums there's a bunch of issues being reported, but I'm not sure how critical a lot of them are.

It is probably not too far off, although we have a few things we'd like to solve first.
post #923 of 1446 Old 11-28-2013, 07:52 PM

Liked: 12
I was a beta tester for MB3 and would love to test out the live TV portion, is there an option for this?
post #924 of 1446 Old 11-29-2013, 08:59 AM

Thanks. When we're ready for testers we'll probably post on our forums about it, so keep an eye out.
post #925 of 1446 Old 11-30-2013, 07:05 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Do you have a problem video file you want to share ? I can try it on my end see if it plays well or not ?

I could give you a small one I know to play well too... Even just a trailer or backdrop or short episode. It could be your PC- it could be the file, or it could be the player. I don't believe MB3T would be any better or worse than say MPC-HC, VLC, XBMC, WMC or whatever... If you are having trouble only with MB3T then there is a problem. One or two videos might not be too big a deal, but universally across your library then something is installed wrong or set up wrong I would guess.

i had some time to trouble shoot today. If I disable madVR, then I do not have lip sync issues through the native MB3T video player. If I use MPC-HC with madVR as an external player, then I do not have lip sync issues. It appears that madVR is causing the issue on my setup when using the default player in MB3T.

I guess my lowely G1610 has reached its limits with the assistance of a video card.

Question, if I add a video card to my current setup, only the HTPC would see the benefit and any client (Xbox 360, tablet, etc...) would still be at the mercy of the transcoding power of the CPU, correct?
post #926 of 1446 Old 11-30-2013, 07:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slosvt View Post

i had some time to trouble shoot today. If I disable madVR, then I do not have lip sync issues through the native MB3T video player. If I use MPC-HC with madVR as an external player, then I do not have lip sync issues. It appears that madVR is causing the issue on my setup when using the default player in MB3T.

I guess my lowely G1610 has reached its limits with the assistance of a video card.

Question, if I add a video card to my current setup, only the HTPC would see the benefit and any client (Xbox 360, tablet, etc...) would still be at the mercy of the transcoding power of the CPU, correct?

Streaming =g1610 is fine

Transcoding = not.

Playing a movie on an extender doesn't require transcoding it.

-

post #927 of 1446 Old 11-30-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxleung View Post

For some reason, I cannot see my Blu-ray TV show rips in Media Browser Theater. They show up fine in the HTML5 interface, but I get a blank page when I select the TV Show->Seasons->Season Number. Instead of a summary of the season and the list of discs (BDMV folders arranged in the proper format), the screen is blank, as if nothing was ever there!

Again, I can launch the discs fine through the web interface to Media Browser Server.

Any ideas? Maybe it's not implemented yet in MBT? Thanks!

I have the same issue with my MBC setup. I can see every folders contents, except my Movies folder. This was working fine up until two days ago.

I can see the movies fine using MBS and MB3T.
post #928 of 1446 Old 11-30-2013, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slosvt View Post

I have the same issue with my MBC setup. I can see every folders contents, except my Movies folder. This was working fine up until two days ago.

I can see the movies fine using MBS and MB3T.

I figured it out - you have to rename the disc directories to match the episode range for each disc. For example, Season 1 Disc 1 would have to have the following structure:

Breaking Bad\Season 1\S1E01-04

Meaning disc 1 has episodes 1 to 4 in it.
post #929 of 1446 Old 11-30-2013, 11:40 AM

This should not impact movies, correct? I can use MBS or MB3T and see the movies, but if I use MBC, the movies do not appear...
post #930 of 1446 Old 11-30-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Movies should follow the guidelines as written in the folder format documentation from the MB website..
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Mediabrowser , Mediabrowser 3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page