10Likes

post #991 of 1446 Old 12-17-2013, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

Wow cool. So you mean specifically you could have a folder called "walking dead" and inside you could have video files called "S01e01" and "S02e05" and "S03e09" and they would all show up in the right season without needing a season folder for each season and being inside ?

I'm not sure I will ever use this feature myself (it just makes no sense to me) but I think this should be very popular with the less advanced crowd that doesn't understand media management. This is a great feature. Nice job.

No, we just want to be flexible and not give anyone a reason to say they can't use our server.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1446 Old 12-17-2013, 04:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

He means people like your grandmother or mother. You would certainly consider the average grandmother as someone in the less advanced crowd, yes?

Seriously, why take offense when none is given?

You are correct sir. I just don't know a good way to say it. I just said it the easy way. Political correctness is often over rated. I'm not running for election anytime soon tongue.gif

You are correct I meant no offense at all. I simply was trying to describe someone who might be new to HTPC and not understand media management. I am guessing this is most of the population; we are the few.

I said I think it's a great feature. It really is. Anything that helps get people into HTPC or make it easier for them to enjoy it is a win if you ask me. I don't want to throw different seasons into the same folder, that just seems confusing to me I like having season 1 episodes in the season 1 folder, and season 2 episodes in the season 2 folder. Why mix them ? It really makes no sense. But support for this I guess is important for people who don't understand or know better. It's not a crime to throw all your episodes from all seasons into one folder I guess. I just would not.

I think for the MB project this is a biggie because many of the complaints I've heard about MB are actually centered around this stuff, and much of the support for XBMC over MB was also about this stuff. If MB supports both, that makes everyone happy. That is good.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #993 of 1446 Old 12-17-2013, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:

I think this should be very popular with the less advanced crowd that doesn't understand media management

Here you go, fixed it for you smile.gif

This should be very popular with the less advanced crowd type of user that doesn't understand media management enjoy managing their media as much as having their media managed

Would you ever have added so many folder structures to your library for a tv series if MCM and mediabrowser didn't "require" it? -this is a genuine question, and my answer would honestly be no. I do have my library organized *nearly* the same as you (minus top level genre folders) but prior to MCM and mediabrowser I didn't. I never needed so many structures in my music folder for itunes, winamp, or wmp to look nice, so it never occurred to me that my movies should go this way. I just used the Files2Folder shell extension and zapped every title into a folder. Since it was so easy I didn't really complain. Now that I have them that way I'm not going back, because reversing the process would be more complex smile.gif Also, there's the "aint broke" terminology. If it had never caused anything to break in the first place maybe I'd still just have a single container. Neither seems more advanced to me, but flexibility of a software to use either method does seem like an advancement

/endramble
post #994 of 1446 Old 12-17-2013, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemb View Post

There were a few people in here a few weeks ago who mentioned a lack of support for storing episodes directly in a series folder without having to use season subfolders. This has been added to the latest release that went out over the weekend.

Thanks, this is great for single season shows and mini series like Band of Brothers.

Looky here!
post #995 of 1446 Old 12-17-2013, 06:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post

Here you go, fixed it for you smile.gif

This should be very popular with the less advanced crowd type of user that doesn't understand media management enjoy managing their media as much as having their media managed

Would you ever have added so many folder structures to your library for a tv series if MCM and mediabrowser didn't "require" it? -this is a genuine question, and my answer would honestly be no. I do have my library organized *nearly* the same as you (minus top level genre folders) but prior to MCM and mediabrowser I didn't. I never needed so many structures in my music folder for itunes, winamp, or wmp to look nice, so it never occurred to me that my movies should go this way. I just used the Files2Folder shell extension and zapped every title into a folder. Since it was so easy I didn't really complain. Now that I have them that way I'm not going back, because reversing the process would be more complex smile.gif Also, there's the "aint broke" terminology. If it had never caused anything to break in the first place maybe I'd still just have a single container. Neither seems more advanced to me, but flexibility of a software to use either method does seem like an advancement

/endramble

Yeah I get it. I agree with you. Sometimes I am too lazy to put that little bit of effort to be politically correct, choose my words wisely etc... I just start typing and just say stuff. I still stand by what I said. I meant not disrespect to anyone. I was being genuine. I think support for this is a great thing. I said so twice already. I guess it doesn't matter if the reason is someone it too lazy to organize their media, or if they are lacking knowledge how to do it, or they just don't wan to to do it- the end result is the same. Usually I'd guess it's all three anyways. Support for looser structure is great. I am not complaining.

To answer your question I do think I would still use the season folders even if it did not require it. It just makes sense to me. Here is one scenario I can give you:

I had the Start Trek TNG collection from DVD (all 7 Seasons) and they were in season folders. Recently they began releasing on BR disc in 1080p (1440 because it's 4:3 actually) But each month 1 season comes out and then you must wait for the next season to release. So slowly I have been replacing my DVD versions with the BR versions. I am up to Season 5 now. This has been taking place one season at a time over the last few months. Once I get the new 1080p season folder all set, I just delete the old 480p one and replace it. I am able to update my resolution one season at a time nice and neat. It's all complete- every episode inside the season folder. If I have season 1-7 all mixed up in the same folder called "Star Trek TNG" it would be one huge epic mess and it would be harder for me to replace the specific old ones with new ones. I like doing a whole season at a time.

Plus it gets easier for support for different folder art, cover art, meta data etc... the Season folders and structure just make sense to me.

But I get what you are saying. For someone that isn't me it might be nice to just be able to dump files into a folder and have MB3 sort it out. I do think that is great.

I just don't understand what is wrong with saying the way I said it. I was being serious. Not meant to offend anyone. It is what it is. I'm not trying to be snobby about it. It's non of my business to worry about someone else media management anyways. I got better things to do. Now that I am more enlightened about this whole area and I realize that the things I love about MB are not going away or being threatened I think it's wonderful that it supports this less advanced way of doing it. At first I did not really grasp all that- I though it was one way versus the other. It can be either way now, so everyone should be happy.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #996 of 1446 Old 12-17-2013, 06:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

Thanks, this is great for single season shows and mini series like Band of Brothers.

MB has a setting you can enable that allows it to go into the folder automatically for series only containing one season or folder. Just like you are talking about. But it's still nice to have a season folder because what happens when another season comes out ? Perhaps not for Band of Brothers (although you might call Pacific season 2) but often many do later come out with additional seasons. If that happens, just create a season 2 and go. biggrin.gif

Like I said I just think season folders make sense. Heck I even use nested folder for stuff like Jurassic Park Collection, Star Wars, etc... I like to have all of the movies in the same folder (box set style)

But my way isn't right. It's just right for me.

-

post #997 of 1446 Old 12-17-2013, 07:17 PM

How you store it, doesn't affect how you see it. See screenshots below. Notice season 1 episodes and season 2 episodes mixed together, along with images. But when you view it in the web client, you still see season 1 and 2 just the same as if you had folders in your file system.

Note that season 3 is showing up because i have the option to display unaired and missing episodes turned on.

post #998 of 1446 Old 12-17-2013, 07:21 PM

Err, actually that's season 0. But if there were missing or unaired episodes, this is what i meant.

post #999 of 1446 Old 12-17-2013, 07:38 PM

And another new thing we have is displaying specials inline within the seasons they aired in.

This can actually be controlled on a per series basis, because you may want it for some series, but not others. You set it once and the changes are reflected in every client.

post #1000 of 1446 Old 12-17-2013, 07:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

It's definitely a cool feature. I think you did a good job including that Luke, and it's another reason why someone might like MB3 (or more it's not a reason why they might not like it ).

Philosophically- My media management is actually more important to me than my front end because my media in general is more important to me than my player. HTPC is a hobby for me, and I am always testing out new stuff and searching for a better experience with my HTPC. When I started there was only MB2 and XBMC. Then PLEX came, then MB3 (and bunch more but I am simplifying) So it's more important to me that my media is well managed so that in the future I can use new front ends or other options and I just believe that I will probably have my media longer than I will my front end. There is a life expectancy to the front ends. 5 years something new comes out. It's just how software works.

My approach I take with my media is the the actual media is organized and archived on my server before any front end touches it. I don't want to manage that through my HTPC either (or my server because it's headless). I want to manage it on my workstation. Once put media on my server in my media folders it's basically already scraped, renamed, and the folder is populated with art and meta data (for Jriver, XBMC, ROKU and MB) I don't mind if my PLEX, or XBMC or MBserver go and scrape or add whatever special stuff they need (like video themes or music) but the media is organized and named perfectly (IMBD). I don't want to worry if my stuff gets scraped right either. I will worry about that before I put the media into my collection and my front end will see it.

I get that some people might not have a workstation, a server and a HTPC to be able to to do it my way. I also get that some might just not have my passion for this and want to just have it autoscrape. I like that too- but I find that the scraper just does do much better (basically perfect) when I already do it before it sees it.

At the end of the day - my media is simply more important than my front end. I believe I will still have my media even long after I switch front ends or find a new favorite. For this reason I choose to do it the way I do it. I just want to control it hands on myself. I am anal. Scraping is great. I love it. But it's not a replacement for media management. Media management however- makes scrapers work better. That's my opinion anyways. It probably doesn't count for much though tongue.gif

On side question- How come MB3 doesn't use IMDB ??? That's an awesome resource for meta data, movie info, art, actors, and whatever...

-

post #1001 of 1446 Old 12-17-2013, 07:49 PM

We do get some Imdb data. And also some from Tmdb/Tvdb. It's a combination.

There is no possible way that this feature could give someone a reason to not like mb3, because you can always use the other convention if that's what you prefer. Everybody has their own criteria about what is important. We're just trying to be as flexible as possible so that we can welcome more people in.
post #1002 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 12:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:

You are correct sir. I just don't know a good way to say it. I just said it the easy way. Political correctness is often over rated. I'm not running for election anytime soon tongue.gif

You are correct I meant no offense at all. I simply was trying to describe someone who might be new to HTPC and not understand media management. I am guessing this is most of the population; we are the few.

I said I think it's a great feature. It really is. Anything that helps get people into HTPC or make it easier for them to enjoy it is a win if you ask me. I don't want to throw different seasons into the same folder, that just seems confusing to me I like having season 1 episodes in the season 1 folder, and season 2 episodes in the season 2 folder. Why mix them ? It really makes no sense. But support for this I guess is important for people who don't understand or know better. It's not a crime to throw all your episodes from all seasons into one folder I guess. I just would not.

I think for the MB project this is a biggie because many of the complaints I've heard about MB are actually centered around this stuff, and much of the support for XBMC over MB was also about this stuff. If MB supports both, that makes everyone happy. That is good.

Then don't say it at all - your original comment leant nothing to your post about how cool a feature it was - leave it at that, without qualifying the statement.

On this particular subject you are nothing but a troll and its time to put it to bed, you make the same arguments you made several pages back and continue with 'flaming' statements ".......this should be very popular with the less advanced crowd that doesn't understand media management" and "But support for this I guess is important for people who don't understand or know better".

You know exactly what you are doing and that sir makes you a troll. This thread was set-up initially to promote MB3 and you are doing nothing to enhance or endear anyone to the app with your continual, overbearing rants about the benefits(?) of your media organisation methods Give it a f...ng rest man.
StinDaWg and jim2100 like this.
post #1003 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 05:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I think you are over reacting.

-

post #1004 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 05:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

And another new thing we have is displaying specials inline within the seasons they aired in.

This can actually be controlled on a per series basis, because you may want it for some series, but not others. You set it once and the changes are reflected in every client.

This is an awesome feature !

-

post #1005 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
On this particular subject you are nothing but a troll and its time to put it to bed, you make the same arguments you made several pages back and continue with 'flaming' statements ".......this should be very popular with the less advanced crowd that doesn't understand media management" and "But support for this I guess is important for people who don't understand or know better".

You know exactly what you are doing and that sir makes you a troll. This thread was set-up initially to promote MB3 and you are doing nothing to enhance or endear anyone to the app with your continual, overbearing rants about the benefits(?) of your media organisation methods Give it a f...ng rest man.

I agree. Mfusick, please stop "talking down" to people. You have a very bad habit of elevating yourself while at the same time making it appear as if anyone who disagrees with you is a novice or otherwise less knowledgeable than you. We are all equals here...please treat EVERYONE that way.
StinDaWg and steelman1991 like this.
post #1006 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I think you are over reacting.
LOL and I stand by my previous comment (suitably amended, but with the same sentiment), that you should stop fishing, for reaction.
StinDaWg likes this.
post #1007 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Well, I have set up all movies in separate folders, with the correct title format, and UNC paths, and MB sees all my movies just fine. Now, PLEX cannot see my movies....
I know people are running multiple Media-software, (xbmc, PLEX MB...) How am I missing the piece that is allowing all to work together?
I like MB, so far, but am not ready to give up on PLEX.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #1008 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 07:19 AM

Let's just all have fun and enjoy our media.
Mfusick likes this.
post #1009 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 07:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sorel View Post

I agree. Mfusick, please stop "talking down" to people. You have a very bad habit of elevating yourself while at the same time making it appear as if anyone who disagrees with you is a novice or otherwise less knowledgeable than you. We are all equals here...please treat EVERYONE that way.

That's not my intention at all. I'm not understanding how my preference for tighter media management is doing that.

I do understand how term "less advanced" might seem offensive to some people but I really don't know how else to describe it. I don't mean to imply they are "less advanced" at all, I am only trying to describe one way of organizing media versus another. I'm not talking about people so no one should be offended. If they are then perhaps a mistake was made and I owe an apology. I am being sincere when I say all this. I said so above too long before anyone raised offense. I think if you went back and re-read my posts (I have not edited them) from a different angle you might see this. I think a mistake is being made, but I'll own the responsibility of not being clear or saying things wrong. The important point I'm trying to make is it's not at all my intention and I'm sorry.

I'm not sure how to describe "less advanced" media organization. Is there a proper politically correct term we can use for this ? lol. Do we really need that? When I say things like I have above I say them from the viewpoint that traditional folder structure is more advanced way of media organization, and rather than just throwing random files into a folder (less advanced), everything has a proper place and there is order and it's sensible. How should I describe "less advanced" or "more advanced" media organization so that I don't offend anyone?

Please understand I don't mean to imply that anyone that does the "less advanced" way is less advanced or that anyone that does the "more advanced" way is more advanced. Really and sincerely I do not. I think some of offense is being created by people looking for it. But I don't mean to fuel that either. I genuinely want to talk about media management but apparently I don't know how. I believe passionately that media management is critical to a great HTPC experience. If your media is not named properly, organized, properly, or set up properly I just don't see how the experience can be that great- and I think this is one of those areas that just doesn't get talked much about around here and it's not very well understood.
Quote:

Let's just all have fun and enjoy our media.

I'll thumbs up that. I agree biggrin.gif

-

post #1010 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 07:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post

Well, I have set up all movies in separate folders, with the correct title format, and UNC paths, and MB sees all my movies just fine. Now, PLEX cannot see my movies....
I know people are running multiple Media-software, (xbmc, PLEX MB...) How am I missing the piece that is allowing all to work together?

You might just need more time to scrape. They read a different NFO format for metadata and likely need to do some scraping. One thing you can do is set MB server to use "MB3/XBMC/PLEX COMPATIBLE" mode versus the standard "MB2/MB3" mode. That should make PLEX and XBMC work better- or at least they might be able to capitalize on some of the work MB3 has done.

The other option would be to use MediaCenterMaster - and set it to create XBMC meta data too. It has the ability to create meta data for many different things (including ROKU, Jriver and others) and you can actually create MB and XBMC meta data at the same time and make your library universally compliant (and also oversee this process so PLEX or XBMC scraper doesn't screw it up)

If PLEX can't see your MB meta data it will need to go fetch it's own. That takes a while. And you need to have PLEX server and PLEX THEATER installed just like MBserver and MB classic or Theater. PLEX is much like XBMC, they can do things basically the same so I treat them about the same.

If PLEX can't see your movies still - your problem might be other than scraping. I'd double check your libraries. Or possible delete them all and add them again. Usually if you open PLEX server you can see your libraries and browse inside that. If you get this far- then I would double check that your PLEX client is seeing PLEX server and communicating. Make sure you sign into PLEX too (email and password) so you can access your media when you are away, or share your server with someone if you wanted.

The obvious thing would be: You installed PLEX theater but not PLEX server. That would be like trying to use MB3 without MB3 server installed. That would be obvious reason why your media does not show up. Once you confirm this, I would create the XBMC style meta data and try again. It should work. If you need more help ask in the PLEX thread.

-

post #1011 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

That's not my intention at all. I'm not understanding how my preference for tighter media management is doing that.

I do understand how term "less advanced" might seem offensive to some people but I really don't know how else to describe it. I don't mean to imply they are "less advanced" at all, I am only trying to describe one way of organizing media versus another. I'm not talking about people so no one should be offended. If they are then perhaps a mistake was made and I owe an apology. I am being sincere when I say all this. I said so above too long before anyone raised offense. I think if you went back and re-read my posts (I have not edited them) from a different angle you might see this. I think a mistake is being made, but I'll own the responsibility of not being clear or saying things wrong. The important point I'm trying to make is it's not at all my intention and I'm sorry.

I'm not sure how to describe "less advanced" media organization. Is there a proper politically correct term we can use for this ? lol. Do we really need that? When I say things like I have above I say them from the viewpoint that traditional folder structure is more advanced way of media organization, and rather than just throwing random files into a folder (less advanced), everything has a proper place and there is order and it's sensible. How should I describe "less advanced" or "more advanced" media organization so that I don't offend anyone?

Please understand I don't mean to imply that anyone that does the "less advanced" way is less advanced or that anyone that does the "more advanced" way is more advanced. Really and sincerely I do not. I think some of offense is being created by people looking for it. But I don't mean to fuel that either. I genuinely want to talk about media management but apparently I don't know how. I believe passionately that media management is critical to a great HTPC experience. If your media is not named properly, organized, properly, or set up properly I just don't see how the experience can be that great- and I think this is one of those areas that just doesn't get talked much about around here and it's not very well understood.

You don't need to qualify, justify,describe or 'find the words" to explain anything (that's the whole point), just keep your counsel on how and why others do as they do and, without comment, leave it at that. By all means advise users on your perceived best method of collection, but without having a pop at everyone who doesn't conform to your rules and if you can't see why others may be offended by your ranting, then you really are as I suspect a narcissist .

I won't be drawn further on the subject and will happily follow luke's advice
StinDaWg likes this.
post #1012 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Do you have plex pointed to UNC paths or C:/ D:/ V:/ etc?

Edit: also if you are looking to use the MB3 nfo files, you need this added to Plex and your collection should look like this

PS-please feel free to correct if I'm mistaken about plex integration with mb3 server
post #1013 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:

It's not advanced or not advanced, it's structured or unstructured data. You feel that your media needs to be highly organized and that the scraper should use that structure to scrape it, that's fine. Others feel that the scraper should be able to look at a file and figure out what it is based on the file name irregardless of where the file is located, that's fine as well.

Some of the most advanced work in data today is done with unstructured data.

I do think you mean well, but I also think that you don't always think about the impact of:
  • Some of the things you say.
  • How often you try to hammer your point across at times.

You're REALLY enthusiastic about this, we get it. So try talking about why you do something and why it works for you without editoral comments on how other people do it.
StinDaWg and steelman1991 like this.

Looky here!
post #1014 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You might just need more time to scrape. They read a different NFO format for metadata and likely need to do some scraping. One thing you can do is set MB server to use "MB3/XBMC/PLEX COMPATIBLE" mode versus the standard "MB2/MB3" mode. That should make PLEX and XBMC work better- or at least they might be able to capitalize on some of the work MB3 has done.

I will give it some time...I know that PLEX does it's Library scan, so, we'll see...
Quote:
If PLEX can't see your MB meta data it will need to go fetch it's own. That takes a while. And you need to have PLEX server and PLEX THEATER installed just like MBserver and MB classic or Theater. PLEX is much like XBMC, they can do things basically the same so I treat them about the same.
If PLEX can't see your movies still - your problem might be other than scraping. I'd double check your libraries. Or possible delete them all and add them again. Usually if you open PLEX server you can see your libraries and browse inside that. If you get this far- then I would double check that your PLEX client is seeing PLEX server and communicating. Make sure you sign into PLEX too (email and password) so you can access your media when you are away, or share your server with someone if you wanted.
The obvious thing would be: You installed PLEX theater but not PLEX server. That would be like trying to use MB3 without MB3 server installed. That would be obvious reason why your media does not show up. Once you confirm this, I would create the XBMC style meta data and try again. It should work. If you need more help ask in the PLEX thread.

All viewed via PLEX Web, not on the client machine at this time
PLEX server installed on WHS for some time. I do not have a subscription...(I'm cheap...) so just PLEX Client, and no problems prior to re-arranging my folder structure to allow for MB3/Server/Theater/Classic install.
Quote:

Do you have plex pointed to UNC paths or C:/ D:/ V:/ etc?
Just Re-added my Movie library. (was scanning the PLEX thread, and came across DarkSlayer's post about using UNC targets for PLEX, which didn't work, so I set them up as I had previously. F:\Server Folders etc...)
As mentioned: the only thing that has changed, is adding/changing folder structure, as described by Luke, and Mfusick, to allow MBC to see the movies and fix the backdrop issue I was having.

post #1015 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just Re-added my Movie library. (was scanning the PLEX thread, and came across DarkSlayer's post about using UNC targets for PLEX, which didn't work, so I set them up as I had previously. F:\Server Folders etc...)
Interesting. Mine "worked" both ways, but I thought there was issue somewhere in the .nfo since my entire XBMC library uses UNC paths. That library was exported to create/update .nfo files for every title. I *thought* plex should be looking through the same path for the nfo rather than the local disk shortcut to flexraid. Afterwards, I've scanned several of my nfo files and haven't seen a path anywhere within them. After all the reconfiguring, my library was added again, but this time plex had more than just a title and poster (as if it'd rescraped all titles). I had director, year, descriptions, actors, etc.

Anyone know how MB3 server's "Plex" compatibility works? I assumed it uses the nfo middleman (which isn't actually supported by Plex out of the box). Maybe it's working in some other fashion?
post #1016 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

I guess I'm a bit behind, not realizing that PHT was released, am downloading now. (sorry for the derail)...
Dark Slayer, as i changed over to the UNC paths, via PexWeb, there is a "refresh" option, as I did that, I lost all my library.
I have always browsed to that library on the drives, added, and the metadata appeared correctly, with year, director, short film, documentary, etc...(with the exception of home movies, which I have to manually correct, as they come up as a Foreign film.)
MB was already configured to PLEX/XBMC compatibility out of the box.

post #1017 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sorel View Post

The same should be said to people who repeatedly say things such as "you a troll" and then bypass the swear filter by using periods instead of the missing letters.
post #1018 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:

Interesting. Mine "worked" both ways, but I thought there was issue somewhere in the .nfo since my entire XBMC library uses UNC paths. That library was exported to create/update .nfo files for every title. I *thought* plex should be looking through the same path for the nfo rather than the local disk shortcut to flexraid. Afterwards, I've scanned several of my nfo files and haven't seen a path anywhere within them. After all the reconfiguring, my library was added again, but this time plex had more than just a title and poster (as if it'd rescraped all titles). I had director, year, descriptions, actors, etc.

Anyone know how MB3 server's "Plex" compatibility works? I assumed it uses the nfo middleman (which isn't actually supported by Plex out of the box). Maybe it's working in some other fashion?

That is correct. We support writing nfo's and saving images in file names that Plex can understand.
post #1019 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 10:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Luke,

Is there any reason why the ESC key no longer works in MB3 classic ? I can't exit or go back with my keyboard anymore. I tried with the CHOCOLATE theme, as well as ROC and BREEZE. No luck.

ESC key works fine in MB3theater and I can exit or go back fine.

-

post #1020 of 1446 Old 12-18-2013, 11:15 AM

I'm not sure. I doubt anything was changed in regards to that. I see you've posted in our forums about it so we'll pick it up there.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Mediabrowser , Mediabrowser 3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page