Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #91 of 1446 Old 02-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
So if you are on the RecordedTV screen, what happens when you push back on the remote? Do you end up at the Start Screen or the main WMC screen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1446 Old 02-05-2013, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

Correction... DVD ISOs already work with MB3s embedded player (VLC). It does not work with Bluray. But we are working that. cool.gif

You are using VLC and extracting HD Audio to bitstream to AVR's that can decode it?

post #93 of 1446 Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

You are using VLC and extracting HD Audio to bitstream to AVR's that can decode it?

I don't follow... The Bluray ISO does not work with VLC. It plays a Bluray folder rip just fine, but the audio it sends to the (HD audio capable) AVR is not HD audio. We are working on an embedded ISO mounter for Bluray ISO... And VLC is actively engaged on HD audio capabilities. If this doesn't happen by launch, we hope to have a work around (similar to XBMC).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gamertag:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #94 of 1446 Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:

I don't follow... The Bluray ISO does not work with VLC. It plays a Bluray folder rip just fine, but the audio it sends to the (HD audio capable) AVR is not HD audio. We are working on an embedded ISO mounter for Bluray ISO... And VLC is actively engaged on HD audio capabilities. If this doesn't happen by launch, we hope to have a work around (similar to XBMC).

That is the answer to the question I was asking.

Good to hear that VLC is working on HD Audio as I might switch that to my external player when it does or use MB3 with the internal work around.

post #95 of 1446 Old 02-06-2013, 05:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 834
Quote:

MB3 (as of right now) is using a built in ISO mounting method... It is seamless (for DVDs ATM). No more Daemon Tools or Virtual Clone Drive required. smile.gif

That's HOT !!!

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #96 of 1446 Old 02-06-2013, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What do you mean by embeedded mounter? Does the iso still appear as a drive. I.e. will AnyDVD still be able to do its stuff on protected isos?
post #97 of 1446 Old 02-06-2013, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Let me clarify... We are using a program (where code will be written to enable this) to support ISO without the need for external software... at least this is our goal. We will still have the option to use Daemon Tool and Virtual Clone Drive (AnyDVD will be able to do its thing) for ISO so no worries there. You have brought up a good point, I will ask the Devs about our new method, and verify AnyDVD can do its thing.

Thanks.

Gamertag:
post #98 of 1446 Old 02-06-2013, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncarty97 View Post

So if you are on the RecordedTV screen, what happens when you push back on the remote? Do you end up at the Start Screen or the main WMC screen?

It goes back to the main WMC screen. I just have remapped the "Menu" button to bring me back to start. Probably getting off topic for this thread though.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #99 of 1446 Old 02-06-2013, 11:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

So what's the culmative total time table on all this stuff ?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #100 of 1446 Old 02-06-2013, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

So what's the culmative total time table on all this stuff ?

From their forum thread on it, March for private beta, April for general availability.
post #101 of 1446 Old 02-06-2013, 05:20 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 24
I am not familiar with VLC at all, so I can't say for sure that I'd prefer MPC-HC. If they are able to get HD audio working with VLC and if the video quality is good, then it seems like this would be a fantastic setup. As it stands now, I can't complain about the way my MKV's look or sound with MPC-HC and LAV and MadVR, but the thought of an integrated player that can match that combo is intriguing.

post #102 of 1446 Old 02-06-2013, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogues View Post

I am not familiar with VLC at all, so I can't say for sure that I'd prefer MPC-HC. If they are able to get HD audio working with VLC and if the video quality is good, then it seems like this would be a fantastic setup. As it stands now, I can't complain about the way my MKV's look or sound with MPC-HC and LAV and MadVR, but the thought of an integrated player that can match that combo is intriguing.

I'm a little disappointed. I've never been impressed with VLC's video output, and the lack of HD audio makes it even less useful. The rest looks nice though, and if integration of MPC-HC and TMT5 for 3D playback is easy to setup I'll see how it compares to XBMC.7

Looky here!
post #103 of 1446 Old 02-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
VLC, assuming the add refresh rate changing and HD audio bitstreaming will probably be as good as the WMC internal player, XBMC, Plex etc.

It could conceivably be so close to MPC-HC/madVR/LAV for 1080p and possibly even 720p as to be of little practical difference. However, I cannot imagine VLC coming close the to upscaling abilities of MPC-HC/madVR/LAV for SD 480p video. If you don't have a lot of that or don't mind the quality then it sounds like VLC will be fine.

I'm still not sure what the benefits would be of a so called embedded player (it is still VLC after all) as opposed to a so called external player. I'm sure there are some but I just can't imagine what they are at the moment.
post #104 of 1446 Old 02-07-2013, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGNYC View Post

VLC, assuming the add refresh rate changing and HD audio bitstreaming will probably be as good as the WMC internal player, XBMC, Plex etc.

It could conceivably be so close to MPC-HC/madVR/LAV for 1080p and possibly even 720p as to be of little practical difference. However, I cannot imagine VLC coming close the to upscaling abilities of MPC-HC/madVR/LAV for SD 480p video. If you don't have a lot of that or don't mind the quality then it sounds like VLC will be fine.

I'm still not sure what the benefits would be of a so called embedded player (it is still VLC after all) as opposed to a so called external player. I'm sure there are some but I just can't imagine what they are at the moment.

Better format capabilities than the internal WMC for starters. Also they can make overlays with VLC similar to what different themes of XBMC can do.

It will be much better than WMC's internal player. I am thinking it will be comparable to XBMC's internal player which isn't half bad.
post #105 of 1446 Old 02-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

I'm a little disappointed. I've never been impressed with VLC's video output, and the lack of HD audio makes it even less useful. The rest looks nice though, and if integration of MPC-HC and TMT5 for 3D playback is easy to setup I'll see how it compares to XBMC.7

+1 No HD Audio is just silly
post #106 of 1446 Old 02-07-2013, 02:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_anderson_u View Post

+1 No HD Audio is just silly

I agree. A few years ago, it wouldn't have been that big a deal, but these days it's a must in my opinion. The good thing is that it sounds like VLC is working on it and there is a contingency plan from the devs if that doesn't pan out. That just leaves video quality.

post #107 of 1446 Old 02-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantaXP7 View Post

Better format capabilities than the internal WMC for starters. Also they can make overlays with VLC similar to what different themes of XBMC can do.

It will be much better than WMC's internal player. I am thinking it will be comparable to XBMC's internal player which isn't half bad.

I wasn't so much thinking of the internal WMC player could have done with it, rather MPC-HC. But, yeah I can see overlays and such would be nice. But, personally I'd rather the picture quality of a player than can support madVR over something like that.

Now, if it can support chapter selection, subtitle selection, and audio selection with an overlay menu that'd be worth thinking about. With MPC-HC, you can do chapter skip, next/previous subtitle or audio but that's it really.
post #108 of 1446 Old 02-07-2013, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogues View Post

I agree. A few years ago, it wouldn't have been that big a deal, but these days it's a must in my opinion. The good thing is that it sounds like VLC is working on it and there is a contingency plan from the devs if that doesn't pan out. That just leaves video quality.

That one complaint aside, I'm still very interested in trying this out, I've made several purchases from the Mediabrowser folks and would like to be able to return to my investment.

Looky here!
post #109 of 1446 Old 02-07-2013, 06:01 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

That one complaint aside, I'm still very interested in trying this out, I've made several purchases from the Mediabrowser folks and would like to be able to return to my investment.

I couldn't agree more. I'm very excited to see what this brings.

post #110 of 1446 Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Advanced Member

Since I've read that MB3 will still support MPC-HC as an external player I'm also very excited to see it too.
post #111 of 1446 Old 02-08-2013, 06:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

XZENER

XZENER,

I think your icons are pretty cool. Any plans to do more ? I am using many of them for collections but some collections have new movies in them. Any updates planned?

-

post #112 of 1446 Old 02-08-2013, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks Mfusick,

My plate is overflowing ATM. Work, school and MB3... I really want to get back into it, who knows... Maybe I will build a Xzenersoft website??? I am in an HTML5 class in school... Stay tuned.

Gamertag:
post #113 of 1446 Old 02-08-2013, 01:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

You'd probably make some $$. I'd easily donate $5 bucks ... as would many here for access to good stuff.

Anything under $10 US is usually not a big factor for most serious enthusiasts.

You won't get rich.. but you can at least offset your time spent on it.

-

post #114 of 1446 Old 02-08-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You'd probably make some $$. I'd easily donate $5 bucks ... as would many here for access to good stuff.

Anything under $10 US is usually not a big factor for most serious enthusiasts.

You won't get rich.. but you can at least offset your time spent on it.

Agreed - Two things I like about MB more than XBMC:
  1. The Addon browser
  2. The MB business model is that addons are inexpensive and only needed for eye candy.

I'd gladly pay $5.00 for those icons if they were part of the addon tool and were autoinstalled and updated.

Looky here!
post #115 of 1446 Old 02-08-2013, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:

Agreed - Two things I like about MB more than XBMC:
  1. The Addon browser
  2. The MB business model is that addons are inexpensive and only needed for eye candy.

I don't entirely follow. You feel like the addons are inexpensive compared to XBMC? Rom Collection Browser, Music Managers, Artist and Album artwork downloaders, impressive skins are all free in XBMC. MB plugs you $5 or so a piece
post #116 of 1446 Old 02-08-2013, 03:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I think he is saying the MB method for installing and obtaining is superior to the XBMC method and that paying a small fee for something like Coverart is not a big deal if it's turn key, easy and looks great.

MB plugins are superior to XBMC in that they are more simple to install and configure- all available in a single area and quickly downloaded and installed. Sure the paying for them sucks... but the entire process is easier.

The costs might be justified for XMBC. I'd pay a few bucks for it to have an easier add on interface. Just click what you want to add- like in mediabrowser.

-

post #117 of 1446 Old 02-08-2013, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:

more simple to install - all available in a single area and quickly downloaded and installed

Well, I like mediabrowser and I like options, but . . .

There's a lot accessible from the main repo that comes packaged with the install

It's a lot easier to keep them ALL in one place when there are less than 50 total rolleyes.gif
post #118 of 1446 Old 02-08-2013, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Plugins are about to get even easier to install. Plus, depending on the developer, previously paid for plugins will be honored with your MB2 supporter key. Previous supporters will find their favorite plugins ported over and available for immediate install. Providing you have cut and pasted your MB2 supporter key in the appropriate spot in the MB3 dashboard.

Gamertag:
post #119 of 1446 Old 02-08-2013, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
WHERE CAN I SIGN UP FOR THE BETA mad.gif
post #120 of 1446 Old 02-08-2013, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think he is saying the MB method for installing and obtaining is superior to the XBMC method and that paying a small fee for something like Coverart is not a big deal if it's turn key, easy and looks great.

MB plugins are superior to XBMC in that they are more simple to install and configure- all available in a single area and quickly downloaded and installed. Sure the paying for them sucks... but the entire process is easier.

The costs might be justified for XMBC. I'd pay a few bucks for it to have an easier add on interface. Just click what you want to add- like in mediabrowser.

Exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post

Well, I like mediabrowser and I like options, but . . .

There's a lot accessible from the main repo that comes packaged with the install

It's a lot easier to keep them ALL in one place when there are less than 50 total rolleyes.gif

Been there with both. This is MUCH easier:

You can be as snarky and eye rolling as you want, but getting to and navigating the addons menu in XBMC is not intuitive, especially once you leave the Confluence theme and use other themes that change the menu system.

How about stupid things like adding repos via zip which you have to do for AEON MQ4, where HOME in XMBC means the XBMC home folder not the USER home folder, so to install NEW repo I have to navigate through C:\Users\username\location of downloaded zip etc... and if you have 2 zips to install, XBMC doesn't remember last location, so I have to do it again.

XBMC does a lot of things right, but a consistent and always easy to use interface sure isn't one of them.

Looky here!
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Mediabrowser , Mediabrowser 3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page