Media Browser 3 is coming!! - Page 40 - AVS Forum
First ... 38  39  40 41  42  ... Last
Home Theater Computers > Media Browser 3 is coming!!
lukemb's Avatar lukemb 12:59 PM 01-29-2014
There aren't bad notifications. They're legitimate failures. If you're still seeing the guide despite the failure, it means you're seeing the data that was previously downloaded. But if it's failing to update then you probably want to figure that out because the other functions will likely have issues too.

lukemb's Avatar lukemb 07:44 PM 01-29-2014
Check out search in Media Browser Theater:

Mfusick's Avatar Mfusick 06:27 AM 01-30-2014
That's probably the biggest missing feature for me, the one I use constantly. Very nice!
Sammy2's Avatar Sammy2 10:05 AM 01-30-2014
I have a problem with my WMC recorded TV folders now. I have a category set up in MB3 Server for recorded TV which is mapped to my WMC Recorded TV folder in my HTPC but when I look at the Edit Metadata page it shows a different path all together. I do not want this. How do I fix it? Thanks..

Sammy2's Avatar Sammy2 10:07 AM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemb View Post

Check out search in Media Browser Theater:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

That's probably the biggest missing feature for me, the one I use constantly. Very nice!

The lack of search on the Roku is the biggest complaint I hear from my friends that I share my library with (I have one too and find it cumbersome as well). I'm wondering how that is coming along but yes a search in MBC and MBT is nice.
Andy_Steb's Avatar Andy_Steb 11:06 AM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

I have a problem with my WMC recorded TV folders now. I have a category set up in MB3 Server for recorded TV which is mapped to my WMC Recorded TV folder in my HTPC but when I look at the Edit Metadata page it shows a different path all together. I do not want this. How do I fix it? Thanks..

Nothing to fix, that's the way mine is. If you look, all the root folders (categories) are this way. The only thing in that folder will be the Icon for that category and the links to the folders you have assigned to it.

What kind of problem are you having with the WMC TV folder? Since the folder is located on another computer, You might shave a file sharing issue (username/password)
Sammy2's Avatar Sammy2 11:10 AM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Steb View Post

Quote:

Nothing to fix, that's the way mine is. If you look, all the root folders (categories) are this way. The only thing in that folder will be the Icon for that category and the links to the folders you have assigned to it.

What kind of problem are you having with the WMC TV folder? Since the folder is located on another computer, You might shave a file sharing issue (username/password)

My WMC Recordings located on my HTPC in the main viewing room are no longer available through the MediaBrowser app on my android or on the various Rokus I have scattered around the city for use by my friends and the one I have in my house. I can still access Recorded TV via WMC on the HTPC of course. It seems the addition of TV to MB has caused issues with my "traditional" set up.
Mfusick's Avatar Mfusick 11:11 AM 01-30-2014
Quote:

The lack of search on the Roku is the biggest complaint I hear from my friends that I share my library with (I have one too and find it cumbersome as well). I'm wondering how that is coming along but yes a search in MBC and MBT is nice.

Actually for me I struggle with how to get it to look right, and the organization on the top page.

The PLEX app in comparison shows your categories better, and also shows "new media" which I like because often the newest stuff is the stuff I want to watch. That would be my suggestion for the ROKU, bring up "new" section up in the front, and perhaps allow for a few advanced browsing methods like PLEX does. I like the ROKU app but it's not as intuitive and it does not lend itself well to a large library with different media libraries.
Andy_Steb's Avatar Andy_Steb 11:50 AM 01-30-2014
Quote:

My WMC Recordings located on my HTPC in the main viewing room are no longer available through the MediaBrowser app on my android or on the various Rokus I have scattered around the city for use by my friends and the one I have in my house. I can still access Recorded TV via WMC on the HTPC of course. It seems the addition of TV to MB has caused issues with my "traditional" set up.

Looking at your screen shots, your network share name looks funny. Are you sure this is right? Also, why do you have 2 Recorded TV folders?

\\Htpc-pc\e\Recorded TV
Mfusick's Avatar Mfusick 12:08 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:

Looking at your screen shots, your network share name looks funny. Are you sure this is right? Also, why do you have 2 Recorded TV folders?

\\Htpc-pc\e\Recorded TV

How does yours look ?

Mine kinda looks the same.

Are you talking about the paths for media folders? or something else ?
Andy_Steb's Avatar Andy_Steb 12:13 PM 01-30-2014
I have a recorded TV folder on my server so its not using a network share.

But if i was using a network share from my HTPC it would look like:
\\Htcp-pc\Recorded TV

Sammy's looks like this:
\\Htpc-pc\e\Recorded TV

Is he sharing the whole drive and giving it a share name of "e"
Mfusick's Avatar Mfusick 12:40 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:

\\Htcp-pc\Recorded TV

Sammy's looks like this:
\\Htpc-pc\e\Recorded TV

Look at my music videos one at the top. I just did that one (it was not shared) and so it says "V" for my V drive (Flexraid) in there. I don't think that is bad. That just means his E drive is where that recorded TV folder is.
Andy_Steb's Avatar Andy_Steb 12:54 PM 01-30-2014
It could very well be possible he shared his whole drive.
Sammy2's Avatar Sammy2 01:15 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:

\\Htcp-pc\Recorded TV

Sammy's looks like this:
\\Htpc-pc\e\Recorded TV

The whole drive is shared and the path points to the Recorded TV folder. This WAS working and I didn't change anything. Maybe I'll do it the other way and see if it works. The thing is I'm wondering if the Recorded TV folder is different in the MB TV app and that is where the problem lies.
Dark_Slayer's Avatar Dark_Slayer 02:28 PM 01-30-2014
Sharing your entire flexraid pool tends to work fine

Sharing a whole drive (D, E, etc) connected to your computer gave me lots of problems. Since I was only trying to share the recorded tv portion, I deleted the "whole" drive share and specified the "Recorded TV" folder as Andy_Steb mentioned, so mine looks like "//Server/RecordedTV"

Even giving "everyone" full access to the drives and specifying the share wouldn't work unless I went one folder deep into the drive. It's nice that Flexraid doesn't have this issue with V: since I can just share that entire drive as "//Server/Flexraid"
Sammy2's Avatar Sammy2 02:35 PM 01-30-2014
I made this change and all is good once again.

Just odd that it was working fine before..
Andy_Steb's Avatar Andy_Steb 02:44 PM 01-30-2014
You don't by chance have MB3 Server running as a service do you?
Mfusick's Avatar Mfusick 03:41 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:

You don't by chance have MB3 Server running as a service do you?

Me? No just standard install on whs2011

Runs a lot better on the i7 though. Why would I want it as a service ? Does that matter ?
Gronnie's Avatar Gronnie 03:48 PM 01-30-2014
Don't have to be logged in for it to be running.
Mfusick's Avatar Mfusick 04:04 PM 01-30-2014
I'm always logged in lol it never turns off
Andy_Steb's Avatar Andy_Steb 04:16 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

Me? No just standard install on whs2011

Runs a lot better on the i7 though. Why would I want it as a service ? Does that matter ?

This was directed to Sammy because he said his share was working at one time.

I had troubles a couple weeks ago with MB3 Server and using a network share because I was running it as a service and I didn't give the service any log on credentials.
Andy_Steb's Avatar Andy_Steb 04:29 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronnie View Post

Don't have to be logged in for it to be running.

I used to run it as a service but now I have switched to running it in the tray. I like it much better in the tray because now i can do MB3 Server reboots from the Web client where as before I had to remote in and restart the service.

I just had to set my server to auto log-in so MB3 Server will start on reboots.
kevin g.'s Avatar kevin g. 05:15 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:

This was directed to Sammy because he said his share was working at one time.

I had troubles a couple weeks ago with MB3 Server and using a network share because I was running it as a service and I didn't give the service any log on credentials.

I wonder if this is why I have trouble with my Library....
I am running as a service on my second WHS machine, (the first stores all my media, but doesn't have the transcoding horsepower of my Xeon build). Since switching to the new server, I could never get MB to collect the library. (despite have all access, custom shares, with full read/write)...Then, yesterday, I downloaded the latest build for MBS, and had it actually connect to my library. Today none of it works.
I keep thinking it is a share issue, since my test of Serviio add-in yielded similar results.

Can you explain the "log on credential" comment?

Edit/Update: Just verified that all was working while running in the tray. Not sure completely what the difference is, but prior to this, it would crash the client, or the client whould say the movie or song was "offline'
Sammy2's Avatar Sammy2 05:43 PM 01-30-2014
I am not running MB3 Server as a service. All is good now though. Had to point to the shared folder and not the shared drive amd folder.
Mfusick's Avatar Mfusick 09:47 AM 01-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post

I am running as a service on my second WHS machine, (the first stores all my media, but doesn't have the transcoding horsepower of my Xeon build). Since switching to the new server, I could never get MB to collect the library. (despite have all access, custom shares, with full read/write)...Then, yesterday, I downloaded the latest build for MBS, and had it actually connect to my library. Today none of it works.
I keep thinking it is a share issue, since my test of Serviio add-in yielded similar results.

Edit/Update: Just verified that all was working while running in the tray. Not sure completely what the difference is, but prior to this, it would crash the client, or the client whould say the movie or song was "offline'

They easy choice would be remove it and redo it as a program and see.
Andy_Steb's Avatar Andy_Steb 11:03 AM 01-31-2014
Quote:

You have 2 options:

Run as service and give MB3 Server log on credentials.
LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Or just leave it in the tray and have your server Auto log on.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324737
http://techsultan.com/autologin-on-windows-server-2012/

I'm not telling everyone they have to do this, just the people that have some of their media files on network drives.
Andy_Steb's Avatar Andy_Steb 11:17 AM 01-31-2014
Quote:

Running as a service you don't have to be logged into WHS for it to start. But I find that the MB3 restart doesn't work also, you have to restart the service after MB updates.

Running in the tray, if WHS reboots after an update. MB3 won't start until you log in. This is why I chose to have my server auto log-in like example 2 in my previous post.
kevin g.'s Avatar kevin g. 12:16 PM 01-31-2014
I have not seen that properties/login screen before.
Super helpful...Thank You
Mfusick's Avatar Mfusick 02:06 PM 01-31-2014
Luke I have a question:

What is the default folder or location for transcoding ? Should I manually set this to a faster drive like SSD ???

Also,

If I use auto feature on transcoding, at what point does it decide to not use max quality ? Is it a certain CPU usage ?
And how would I know if it is transcoding at all or not ?
kevin g.'s Avatar kevin g. 02:14 PM 01-31-2014
Quote:
And how would I know if it is transcoding at all or not ?

I have found, (so far) that normal clients (PC's/ Laptops) don't require transcoding (that I can see)...On my android tablet, if you doubletap the screen...you can see in the upper right corner: "Video: Transcoding Audio: Transcoding" as well as the type of file being played, etc...
This is all in the early stages for me, however...as last night and today is the only real quality time I have spent. I have had it working sporadically here and there. But, this is the longest I have had it stable, due to my permissions issue.
Tags: Mediabrowser , Mediabrowser 3
First ... 38  39  40 41  42  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop