Just tried MB3 server and MB theater. The MB theater is quite premature now, but I see a great potential of it, and I hope at some stage it is usable. Several issues that I've found during my test:
1) The MB3 server doesn't support filtering, and all sample clips are imported to the library so that for each movie I have two entries
2) MB3 server doesn't seem to recognize multi-disc releases
3) I tried the IOS remote, but it doesn't seem to be able to control MBT, it can control playback in browsers though
4) I couldn't make bluray iso play in external player (PowerDVD 13) to work, tried everything, but when I click "Play" nothing happens
5) MBT doesn't seems to have live TV support, hopefully it will be added soon.
6) MBT doesn't seem to support WASAPI for music playback
7) Like all other mediacenters, the support for photo library is not good enough, it would nice if it could recognize GPS/people tags.
8) I experience several crashes during playback of videos, which could be caused by my system not powerful enough for MadVR
9) It seems to me that MBT doesn't support auto refresh rate changer (which I think is a must have feature)
10) Plugin support for MBT isn't good now, not even able to find YouTube plugin.
11) Not possible to change subtitle encoding
I'd like to ask you guys what client do you for playback? Thank you!
Last edited by somy; 06-21-2014 at 05:29 AM.