Media Browser 3 is coming!! - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews > Video Components > Home Theater Computers > Media Browser 3 is coming!!

Home Theater Computers

xzener's Avatar xzener
02:27 PM Liked: 36
post #1 of 1456
01-31-2013 | Posts: 1,314
Joined: Feb 2007

More information coming Monday, Feb 4th 9:00am EST at the Media Browser Community Tracker.

Its official, The future of Media Browser has been revealed... Check it out.

Mfusick's Avatar Mfusick
02:29 PM Liked: 1321
post #2 of 1456
01-31-2013 | Posts: 26,122
Joined: Aug 2002
Nice!!
lockdown571's Avatar lockdown571
02:34 PM Liked: 62
post #3 of 1456
01-31-2013 | Posts: 1,626
Joined: Nov 2005
Interesting, but what a tease!
Sammy2's Avatar Sammy2
02:41 PM Liked: 192
post #4 of 1456
01-31-2013 | Posts: 9,857
Joined: Mar 2011
What am I supposed to do with this information?

Is this a press release of a press release next week or is a new release coming next week?
macks's Avatar macks
02:47 PM Liked: 31
post #5 of 1456
01-31-2013 | Posts: 715
Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

What am I supposed to do with this information?3
Is this a press release of a press release next week or is a new release coming next week?

On the 4th they will tell you when the press release is. smile.gif
Mfusick's Avatar Mfusick
06:57 AM Liked: 1321
post #6 of 1456
02-01-2013 | Posts: 26,122
Joined: Aug 2002
This reminds me when my wife makes plans to make a plan.
trooper11's Avatar trooper11
08:34 PM Liked: 17
post #7 of 1456
02-01-2013 | Posts: 442
Joined: Sep 2004
Well I hope for some exciting news. I have a new htpc build that just needs some apps installed, so it would be nice to know if there is something worth waiting on.
hogues's Avatar hogues
08:55 PM Liked: 35
post #8 of 1456
02-01-2013 | Posts: 715
Joined: Jun 2004
The only things that I can think of are Win 8 comparability or a shift to a XBMC sort of platform.
amarshonarbangla's Avatar amarshonarbangla
08:59 PM Liked: 40
post #9 of 1456
02-01-2013 | Posts: 1,253
Joined: Mar 2011
WEW
gcw07's Avatar gcw07
09:00 PM Liked: 11
post #10 of 1456
02-01-2013 | Posts: 24
Joined: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogues View Post

The only things that I can think of are Win 8 comparability or a shift to a XBMC sort of platform.
It already has windows 8 compatibility. So yeah I think it will be a stand-alone platform shift.
steelman1991's Avatar steelman1991
03:25 AM Liked: 78
post #11 of 1456
02-02-2013 | Posts: 1,012
Joined: May 2008
Stand alone based on an mpc-hc playback engine? I wonder
amarshonarbangla's Avatar amarshonarbangla
06:39 AM Liked: 40
post #12 of 1456
02-02-2013 | Posts: 1,253
Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

Stand alone based on an mpc-hc playback engine? I wonder

Ye. And live TV support.
Sammy2's Avatar Sammy2
07:07 AM Liked: 192
post #13 of 1456
02-02-2013 | Posts: 9,857
Joined: Mar 2011
Meh. I have too much copy protected content to break out of the WMC garden so a stand alone player with TV tuner support does nothing for me.
Mfusick's Avatar Mfusick
07:58 AM Liked: 1321
post #14 of 1456
02-02-2013 | Posts: 26,122
Joined: Aug 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogues View Post

The only things that I can think of are Win 8 comparability or a shift to a XBMC sort of platform.

more streaming support ??

DLNA... bluetooth... how about transcode or plex features ???

Built in scraper ???
steelman1991's Avatar steelman1991
02:27 PM Liked: 78
post #15 of 1456
02-02-2013 | Posts: 1,012
Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

Built in scraper ???

It already has that.
Sammy2's Avatar Sammy2
02:35 PM Liked: 192
post #16 of 1456
02-02-2013 | Posts: 9,857
Joined: Mar 2011
Maybe improvements on that?
hdkhang's Avatar hdkhang
07:56 PM Liked: 19
post #17 of 1456
02-03-2013 | Posts: 2,164
Joined: Aug 2004
Seeing as how we are all throwing speculation.... I would really love if they:

Build a standalone Windows 8 App that included the video playback engine of MPC-HC with full graphical overlays for the video side, and the playback engine of Foobar2k for the audio engine. Throw in a room correction capability, graphical 2 way remote via smartphone/tablet functionality, and the option of a seamless client server setup.

One can dream I guess.
amarshonarbangla's Avatar amarshonarbangla
08:02 PM Liked: 40
post #18 of 1456
02-03-2013 | Posts: 1,253
Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdkhang View Post

Seeing as how we are all throwing speculation.... I would really love if they:

Build a standalone Windows 8 App that included the video playback engine of MPC-HC with full graphical overlays for the video side, and the playback engine of Foobar2k for the audio engine. Throw in a room correction capability, graphical 2 way remote via smartphone/tablet functionality, and the option of a seamless client server setup.

One can dream I guess.

Sometimes dream do come true
xzener's Avatar xzener
11:06 PM Liked: 36
post #19 of 1456
02-03-2013 | Posts: 1,314
Joined: Feb 2007
Just a few more hours. You guys have made some great points. Many of the features you guys have been speculating may be available from day one. But, keep in mind... MB2 started out small and worked its way up to the great MCE plugin we know today. Now that MCE is more or less unsupported... Its time to UNLEASH Media Browser!!
steelman1991's Avatar steelman1991
01:15 AM Liked: 78
post #20 of 1456
02-04-2013 | Posts: 1,012
Joined: May 2008
Oh you tease smile.gif
bryansj's Avatar bryansj
07:13 AM Liked: 239
post #21 of 1456
02-04-2013 | Posts: 6,626
Joined: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

Stand alone based on an mpc-hc playback engine? I wonder

VLC.
Heuer's Avatar Heuer
07:19 AM Liked: 12
post #22 of 1456
02-04-2013 | Posts: 232
Joined: Sep 2005
It says there is a MPC-HC plugin included. Wonder if there will b e any tuner support?
aliaskary77's Avatar aliaskary77
07:20 AM Liked: 51
post #23 of 1456
02-04-2013 | Posts: 621
Joined: Oct 2007
site is live: http://www.mediabrowser3.com/
ncarty97's Avatar ncarty97
07:23 AM Liked: 18
post #24 of 1456
02-04-2013 | Posts: 797
Joined: Mar 2006
If MSFT would just make the Guide/LiveTV and playback available directly out of the Win8 GUI instead of making you use Media Center, MB3 plus a Win8 machine would be absolutely amazing.
lockdown571's Avatar lockdown571
07:30 AM Liked: 62
post #25 of 1456
02-04-2013 | Posts: 1,626
Joined: Nov 2005
Hmm, interesting. Sounds an awful lot like Plex. I wonder what the advantages are. The reason to use Media Browser for me was always because it was integrated into WMC. This sounds like a standalone app.
Heuer's Avatar Heuer
07:39 AM Liked: 12
post #26 of 1456
02-04-2013 | Posts: 232
Joined: Sep 2005
From what I have read it is a stand alone app but WMC integration will be available. Netflix Super HD plugin as well I hope?
FantaXP7's Avatar FantaXP7
07:41 AM Liked: 24
post #27 of 1456
02-04-2013 | Posts: 1,062
Joined: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdown571 View Post

Hmm, interesting. Sounds an awful lot like Plex. I wonder what the advantages are. The reason to use Media Browser for me was always because it was integrated into WMC. This sounds like a standalone app.

I thought the same thing too.

I think that it has plex-like features though. The centralized server, the streaming and transcoding to devices...but the quality for main HTPC's will be higher than trans coding that plex does.
JMGNYC's Avatar JMGNYC
07:42 AM Liked: 12
post #28 of 1456
02-04-2013 | Posts: 506
Joined: Mar 2007
It looks very exciting and I could go on about its pluses.

However, I do not like VLC. Hopefully there will be an option for MPC-HC and it looks like there will be! I do not want to give up madVR/LAV.

Also, I'd really prefer an iOS mobile client. smile.gif
FantaXP7's Avatar FantaXP7
07:43 AM Liked: 24
post #29 of 1456
02-04-2013 | Posts: 1,062
Joined: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

Meh. I have too much copy protected content to break out of the WMC garden so a stand alone player with TV tuner support does nothing for me.

I heard there is an option to use within WMC. Not too sure of the details though...
lockdown571's Avatar lockdown571
07:45 AM Liked: 62
post #30 of 1456
02-04-2013 | Posts: 1,626
Joined: Nov 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heuer View Post

From what I have read it is a stand alone app but WMC integration will be available. Netflix Super HD plugin as well I hope?

There's no way Media Browser can officially integrate Netflix. You'll have to use the Windows 8 app for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantaXP7 View Post

I thought the same thing too.

I think that it has plex-like features though. The centralized server, the streaming and transcoding to devices...but the quality for main HTPC's will be higher than trans coding that plex does.

Plex does not transcode to HTPCs unless you want it to. Video quality is the exact same as in XBMC.
Tags: Mediabrowser , Mediabrowser 3

Reply Home Theater Computers

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3